Disney+

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Cakedaddy

Disney streaming

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but it's called Disney Rules the Entertainment World. Last time I was in this, the vaulting of movies was the topic. Didn't know streaming was covered here.

And, it still didn't answer my question! Does it include every Disney/Marvel/Pixar/Etc movie ever?
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

I would also like to know this. I heard they were vaulting the Alien movies, but will they keep them available to stream?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

If I knew the answer to your questions I would have answered them.

Try asking here.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

When season 1 premieres in 2021 I'll start a thread for it... However, What If? has already been green lit for a second season.

Is that the earliest green light ever?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: When season 1 premieres in 2021 I'll start a thread for it... However, What If? has already been green lit for a second season.

Is that the earliest green light ever?
I was so confused since Netflix has a show called What/If that was on this year. But I see now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_If...%3F_(TV_series)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

What If? is actually a pretty awesome concept. It's like historical fiction only in the Marvel universe.
Troy

Disney streaming

Post by Troy »

Some free time on my hands this week to catch up shows. New episodes of:
Expanse
Witcher
Rick and Morty
Man in the High Castle

But you know what’s winning? The Mandalorian. Because it’s just fucking great. I’m only 4 episodes in, but there is no way I’m moving on to other shows before I finish. Mando is better than Rogue One(but R1 is still good), and blows all other recent Star Wars IPs out of the water.

The western version of Star Wars is lit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Already hit 60+ million subscribers. Who knew launching in a pandemic was such a good idea? :)

Will release Mulan directly to Disney+, but you have to pay $30 to own it.

Lost $5B in Q2 2020
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Who knew launching in a pandemic was such a good idea?
It didn't work for Quibi...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: Who knew launching in a pandemic was such a good idea?
It didn't work for Quibi...
Fine. Who knew launching in a pandemic with shit people actually want was such a good idea?

Or, it's the difference between stuff you consume at home for a long time, and "video snacks on the go" when you're not going anywhere.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

Step 1: purchase all rights to most movies.

Step 2: Lobby/bribe hard so you don't get called on monopoly.

Step 3: launch your own streaming service for those movies, and don't let other streaming services have them any more.

Lawmakers and Disney: Profit
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

"Vertical integration"
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Who knew launching in a pandemic with shit people actually want was such a good idea?
I think the failure of Quibi has actually been a good sign for humanity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Will release Mulan directly to Disney+, but you have to pay $30 to own it.
This is being considered a litmus test for the whole industry.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Will release Mulan directly to Disney+, but you have to pay $30 to own it.
And by "own," I mean "Watch on DIsney+ until you stop subscribing"
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
And by "own," I mean "Watch on DIsney+ until you stop subscribing"
Fuck that bullshit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

Is Disney going to pull the plug on Hulu?

Quite honestly, it makes sense for them to just roll it into Disney+. They can still have all the live content and adult stuff, just in a different section of Disney+.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Is Disney going to pull the plug on Hulu?

Quite honestly, it makes sense for them to just roll it into Disney+. They can still have all the live content and adult stuff, just in a different section of Disney+.
Do it, fuck hulu.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

Would it be Disney+, + ads?