Disney+

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

I think what hurt Netflix is that no one will license them content, any more. They're all holding out and starting their own service.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:44 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:17 pm Probably trying to suck up more subscribers before raising.
And hurt competition. I've heard Netflix is losing subscribers in their core markets.
Well, Netflix's content is garbage, so that hurts, too.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

All of the above, yes.

Netflix certainly has been opening the checkbook for a lot of garbage. They also leaned pretty hard into the woke movement, which doesn't seem to have panned out for them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:23 pm Post-ScarJo lawsuit, Disney announces theater only releases for the rest of the year.
So... now they fucked her even more?
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:23 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:23 pm Post-ScarJo lawsuit, Disney announces theater only releases for the rest of the year.
So... now they fucked her even more?
I've heard they blacklisted her for suing, but this is probably a large admission of guilt without admitting guilt.

I wonder if they'll secretly do a backdoor deal to kiss and make up with her. I guess Kevin Feige was particularly livid about the situation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

The whole corporate greed tied to the stock market is unsustainable.

BTW, Disney and ScarJo clearly kissed and made up. They're doing everything together again.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:14 pm The whole corporate greed tied to the stock market is unsustainable.

BTW, Disney and ScarJo clearly kissed and made up. They're doing everything together again.
Yeah, I posted news of the settlement here acouple of weeks ago, but they didn't disclose the settltment
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

I've heard it said that the ticket prices are directly tied to "we're trying to find that price point where our parks aren't at capacity half the time ". Thing is, that prices out non-rich people. Kinda sucks, but... Ultimately fair?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am I've heard it said that the ticket prices are directly tied to "we're trying to find that price point where our parks aren't at capacity half the time ". Thing is, that prices out non-rich people. Kinda sucks, but... Ultimately fair?
I dunno, seemed pretty freaking crowded last time I went.
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

They haven't found that price point yet, and the parks are still at capacity half the time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:02 am I've heard it said that the ticket prices are directly tied to "we're trying to find that price point where our parks aren't at capacity half the time ". Thing is, that prices out non-rich people. Kinda sucks, but... Ultimately fair?
Truthfully, yes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

I've decided Disney should ABSOLUTELY lean into the culture war.

If all the Republicans boycott Disney and stop visiting, it might be pleasant again.
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm I've decided Disney should ABSOLUTELY lean into the culture war.
Wall St masters would poo poo that.
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm If all the Republicans boycott Disney and stop visiting, it might be pleasant again.
You must not have been there in a while. It's all foreigners now. Your pleasant experience will not last long when you're in a park with people whose cultures don't recognize personal space, lines, or being polite.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:18 pm Wall St masters would poo poo that.
idgaf
Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:18 pm You must have been there in a while. It's all foreigners now.
Oh, that's true. How do we piss off the foreigners?
GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

Close the mother fucking borders.
thibodeaux

Disney streaming

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:46 pm If all the Republicans boycott Disney and stop visiting, it might be pleasant again.

Republicans...is there anything they CAN'T ruin?
Leisher
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by Leisher »

This guy's fight breakdown is hilarious.

GORDON
Site Admin

Disney streaming

Post by GORDON »

Both been pulled?