Oscars

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I stand by "this could be a career ender" for Will. At the very least, he won't get roles as the bright eyed protagonist, any more.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:30 pm Will Smith was definitely in the wrong. But I think people are making more of this than there is.
I genuinely believe this is dangerously incorrect.

A precedent has been set. A worldwide star and uber rich black man walked onto the stage at, arguably, the most prestigious and globally televised event and struck another worldwide star and rich black man over words. Then he was inexplicably allowed to sit there the rest of the show, screaming obscenities and threats at the host he just smacked, got applause, got an award, and was given an open mic.

The next time you're at a conference, go walk up to the presenter, smack him/her, then sit down and refuse to leave. I'll bet your experience is different than Smith's.

You really think that wasn't a green light for everyday people to also use violence when they hear something they don't like?

Worse, there are people defending this action as some sort of chivalrous act or as a "part of culture", which all by itself is disturbing.

Even worse, the MSM and social media are already misreporting the facts. I saw a headline last night that said, "Will Smith strikes Chris Rock over alopecia joke." It was NOT a fucking alopecia joke, it was just about her haircut, and Rock has been telling folks he had no idea about her alopecia.

Taking worse to yet another level, there has already been a rather large movement in this country to call words "violence". This situation just gave credibility to that insanity.

I'll take it a step farther. Will Smith just killed someone. I don't know who, I don't know when, I don't know how, we may never even know it happens, but the example he just set empowered at least one person out there to murder someone whose words he doesn't like.

And even if you think everything above is bullshit or a stretch (it isn't), we still saw a broken man who is on the edge of absolutely snapping. Ever see Boogie Nights? Will Smith IS Little Bill.
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm I stand by "this could be a career ender" for Will. At the very least, he won't get roles as the bright eyed protagonist, any more.
It will be interesting to see how the Academy punishes him. Are they going to make him an example or give him a slap on the wrist and hope it all goes away?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

It feeds a lot into the recent phenomenon of "yeah the government may not censor your words but if you have a bad opinion we in the mob have every right to destroy your life over it, because those are just natural consequences!"

I wonder how the "i am allowed to step on the american flag" and "jesus in a jar of piss is art" cases would be decided, today. Apparently hurt feelings are now a perfectly good reason to commit physical violence.

The people defending will smith disgust me more than the overly political people of 2016.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 am You really think that wasn't a green light for everyday people to also use violence when they hear something they don't like?
I do not.
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 am I'll take it a step farther. Will Smith just killed someone. I don't know who, I don't know when, I don't know how, we may never even know it happens, but the example he just set empowered at least one person out there to murder someone whose words he doesn't like.
Yeah, no. You're gone off the deep-end, people have been murdering people over words for literally ever.
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 am Will Smith IS Little Bill.
hah
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:58 am
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 am You really think that wasn't a green light for everyday people to also use violence when they hear something they don't like?
I do not.
I've already caught one person who said trump was bad because he inspired people to do violence.... and will smith is fine and he won't inspire anyone to do violence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:00 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:58 am
I do not.
I've already caught one person who said trump was bad because he inspired people to do violence.... and will smith is fine and he won't inspire anyone to do violence.
See, so Trump already inspired so many that Will won't.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:58 amI do not.
Well, you're wrong. I've already seen it in comments on Twitter. I see it in all the women praising him "defending his wife". Simps and Incels are going to take their cue from it.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:58 am Yeah, no. You're gone off the deep-end, people have been murdering people over words for literally ever.
Of course they have, but you're ignoring the fact that this shit didn't happen to the rich, on national TV, and at an award show.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:09 pm See, so Trump already inspired so many that Will won't.
I know you're joking, but that's going off the deep-end. Whoever said that to Gordon is deeply broken and unable to see the world clearly through their prejudices. They're like a lifelong member of the KKK they just don't realize it.

As for the Little Bill thing, I really do think he's there. He laughed at the joke then within a microsecond was mad enough to charge the stage and physically assault someone. After that he broke down crying and had to be calmed down by the coolest dude walking the Earth, Denzel. He's an absolute train wreck of a human being and Jada is the engineer of that train.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:31 pm Well, you're wrong. I've already seen it in comments on Twitter. I see it in all the women praising him "defending his wife". Simps and Incels are going to take their cue from it.
Insane people already make stupid decisions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:42 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:31 pm Well, you're wrong. I've already seen it in comments on Twitter. I see it in all the women praising him "defending his wife". Simps and Incels are going to take their cue from it.
Insane people already make stupid decisions.
That's an interesting statement.

Not to derail this topic, but wouldn't it be logical to say that incels are prime real estate for insanity? Seriously. The lack of attention and lack of validation from the opposite sex mean a lonely existence, and probably one searching for purpose. Thus, is it crazy to wonder if simps aren't in a similar boat? Isn't that exactly what pushed Little Bill over the edge?

Anyway, seeing Will Smith do it is definitely going to help people on that edge make a decision. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I missed what "Little Bill" means.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:58 pm but wouldn't it be logical to say that incels are prime real estate for insanity? Seriously.
Yes

Like what I said about getting laid making me smarter. Imagine how insane those people must be if they haven't gotten laid in years/ever?
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I can't imagine being so.... whatever.... that you are incapable of making a basic human connection with ANYONE.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:04 pm I missed what "Little Bill" means.
William H. Macy's character in Boogie Nights. He's married to Nina Hartley who cucks him.
She's constantly fucking other dudes right in front of him...until he snaps and kills her, her lover at that moment, and himself.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Oh yeah, watched it recently. Don't recall his name ever being used.

The sheriff in the movie Unforgiven was named Little Bill, IIRC. Was thinking that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

[media]<iframe id="reddit-embed" src="https://www.redditmedia.com/r/funny/com ... embed=true" sandbox="allow-scripts allow-same-origin allow-popups" style="border: none;" height="558" width="640" scrolling="no"></iframe>[/media]
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I don't know how to embed reddit vids. Just click the link.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:40 pm I don't know how to embed reddit vids. Just click the link.
Just post the reddit link.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Tanks. I wish reddit would just embed the youtube.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

That is fantastic.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Smith resigns from the Academy.

What do you think the odds are he and Jada split within a year?