Oscars

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:05 am
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:18 am I think it's possible Will just ended his own career. That was assault, on TV.
No one cares about black on black violence.
It's going to get worse. How many years are we away from seeing someone get murdered live at the Grammys?

MSM focused on making sure we know about Jada's condition and that she's a hero.

Another way to go would be to discuss her cheating on Smith and then him still defending her honor, but that probably wouldn't be woke.

Chris Rock isn't pressing charges.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

"Comedy Central quietly cancels roast of Will Smith."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:21 am someone get murdered live at the Grammys?
I mean, that would be an improvement over the current grammys.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

The internet moves fast.

"Cuck" is trending on Twitter, guess why...

Seriously, why are both of them smiling and how weak was that slap?

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Even before that Chapelle joke, I was thinking "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong."
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Seriously, this might have been staged.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

I think Rock had no reason to think he was getting slapped, and just thought Will was going to say something. Will's slap was pretty quick, imho.

I do not think it was staged. Rock looked genuinely astonished after the fact.
thibodeaux

Oscars

Post by thibodeaux »

Are the Oscars still too white?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:55 pm Are the Oscars still too white?
Well, black people only oppress black people due to white people, so yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:16 am I do not think it was staged. Rock looked genuinely astonished after the fact.
I'm just saying that I'm not ruling it out. Rock's an actor too (Cue the "He's not a good actor" jokes...).
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:55 pm Are the Oscars still too white?
Saw some black people on Twitter last night saying they were embarrassed by this incident coming on the heels of "#Oscarstoowhite".
thibodeaux

Oscars

Post by thibodeaux »

Obviously it's our racist beauty standards which say a woman should have long straight hair (shall we say, Good Hair) that caused all this.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:58 pm Obviously it's our racist beauty standards which say a woman should have long straight hair (shall we say, Good Hair) that caused all this.
How the fuck do you pull things like that?
thibodeaux

Oscars

Post by thibodeaux »

what you talkin bout?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:34 pm what you talkin bout?
Never heard of that movie before. Just wondering if you knew it off the top of your head or saw it somewhere.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Funny side note from last night...

Will Smith's Twitter absolutely BLEW UP!!! Only it wasn't the Will Smith people thought, but he leaned into it anyway. I saw it and it was funny. He was demanding Chris Rock apologize to him face to face. It helps that he is a blue checkmark.

thibodeaux

Oscars

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:01 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:34 pm what you talkin bout?
Never heard of that movie before. Just wondering if you knew it off the top of your head or saw it somewhere.
I saw the movie a long time ago and I guess I just made the connection. It was actually an ok movie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Oh snap.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

It has not been lost on me that Will Smith is experiencing bigotry that she is allowed to exist in this country. Imagine if Will had cheated on Jada and she rushed the stage to defend someone making fun of him. I'll bet all the memes would be about how strong she is and not some cucked woman.

The Academy finally condemns Smith's actions by name and says they are reviewing the event.

I have a feeling they'll ban him for five years or something stupid like that.

THIS: