Oscars

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

And is there any help for his kid?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Kids.

Jaden is absolutely doomed. There's nothing normal about him.

No idea about Willow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm I stand by "this could be a career ender" for Will. At the very least, he won't get roles as the bright eyed protagonist, any more.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235123901/
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:00 pm
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:50 pm I stand by "this could be a career ender" for Will. At the very least, he won't get roles as the bright eyed protagonist, any more.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235123901/
https://littlethings.com/entertainment/ ... ion-halted
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Probably not related...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I dunno. I said back when "punch a nazi" was fashionable that the casual embrace of violence was not a good thing for a civilization. Shit gets internalized as "this is ok now" and then will smith bitchslaps chris rock live on network TV, and doesn't go to jail.

This is the world we live in now. It's apparently fine to attack someone over jokes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

My favorite part of it has been the black extreme left blaming it on white supremacy or saying it's none of white people's business. Gotta love racism and division.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

Academy voters on Smith's new movie "Emancipation".

That slap probably ended his career as an A lister.

I think the only thing that can save him is to leave Jada and reinvent himself as a male survivor of mental abuse.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:38 pm That slap probably ended his career as an A lister.
GORDON wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:18 am I think it's possible Will just ended his own career.
:-D
Cakedaddy

Oscars

Post by Cakedaddy »

My take: Actors think WAY to highly of themselves. Holding multiple annual events where they tell each other how awesome they are.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

Chris Rock finally addresses that night on his latest Netflix special, near the end.

He does his usual thing, before. Funny, but he seems to not fully understand some of the things he comedies.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Well, he's going to do a lot more than slap this time around, isn't he?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I had a smaaaaalll bit of compassion for Smith, I knew his trifling wife had his head screwed up.

But Chris Rock had every right to choose his moment to respond, and had a right to respond, and Will Smith should fucking know it, shut the fuck.up, and take his shit. So no more compassion for will Smith, if he's going to cry like a bitch now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:25 pm
Well, he's going to do a lot more than slap this time around, isn't he?
Only if his wife orders him to do so.

Yeah, I feel bad for Smith to a point. Jada is clearly a controlling cunt who somehow has Smith wrapped around her finger (I assume he has a need to be needed and she exploits it), but at some point Smith needs to stand up for himself against those who truly wrong him, and this list begins and ends with her. Prior to her I had never heard a bad word about Smith. I heard he was very grounded and an excellent human being. Now he's off his fucking rocker just like their kids.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

Good job, Ke Huy Quan!
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by GORDON »

I aksed my kid in the movie last night, "Is that Short Round?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:32 pm I aksed my kid in the movie last night, "Is that Short Round?"
You mean Data?
Leisher
Site Admin

Oscars

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:32 pm I aksed my kid in the movie last night, "Is that Short Round?"
I heard he and Ford did a bit of a photo op at the Oscars.

Huge night for Asians at the Oscars. Makes up for 2019 when Parasite should have won and wasn't even nominated.