Clerks 3 (2022)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Clerks 3 (2022)

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Clerks 3

Post by Leisher »

I'll see it.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Clerks 3

Post by TheCatt »

Out today.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Clerks 3

Post by Leisher »

It's on Amazon today too, so I'm sure it'll be elsewhere very soon. However, I'll definitely buy tickets or rent it. Support the art and artist I say, and despite him having terrible political stances and making some shitty movies lately, Clerks will always have a place in my heart.
GORDON
Site Admin

Clerks 3

Post by GORDON »

Best Kevin Smith movie I've seen in a couple decades. His most poignant thing he's ever made. He's definitely looking back on his life, in this one.

Voice-over at end of credits. The man likes to hear himself talk.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Clerks 3

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:24 pm The man likes to hear himself talk.
During his Q&As they legit have a person with cue cards that say things like, "Stop talking."

Almost every episode of Hollywood Babble-On has 10-30 minutes of him talking before the show even begins. It's actually quite funny because he's almost always stoned. His co-host Ralph Garmin does a really good job of playing into it, while also not being able to hide his annoyance sometimes.

BTW, the writer/director of Halloween Ends, David Gordon Green said this of Smith:
[on independent film-makers] Kevin Smith is the only one I don't like particularly. I respect most of them. He's the one I can't identify with in any way. He kind of created a Special Olympics for film. They just kind of lowered the standard.

After watching his work on this Halloween trilogy, if I were Smith I'd wear this quote like a badge of honor.
Leisher
Site Admin

Clerks 3 (2022)

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:24 pm Best Kevin Smith movie I've seen in a couple decades. His most poignant thing he's ever made. He's definitely looking back on his life, in this one.

Voice-over at end of credits. The man likes to hear himself talk.
Agree. This was shockingly good and heartfelt. There's the regular dick jokes, a recurring gag with two guys, loads of revisits to jokes from the previous movies, some slapstick, a dance number, along with every cameo you expect (except for Jason Lee or did I miss him? IMDB says I did not, but he is on board the Mallrats sequel.), and really good moments of serious takes on the human condition.

Smith is always going to be a controversial figure and that's really the biggest legacy he will leave behind. Say what you want about his films, but he was never scared to do things differently. He bucked the Hollywood system and did things before anyone else had the balls. He legit set trends and embraces the audience like nobody else in Hollywood. In fact, I'd say he went too far, which is how he ended up making Yoga Hosers and Tusk, which was based on a completely fabricated story, passed off as true, he heard while doing a podcast. Not to mention the way over the top fan service that he put into so many of his other films. The effort he put into the cast of this movie proves that it was never just about him, which is echoed in Randall's story line.

The Clerks trilogy is easily one of the the best trilogies in movie history. I'm not kidding. It's not "the" best, but there aren't many trilogies that maintain a consistent quality throughout each film and was loyal to both the characters on screen and the audience.

That all being said, I hope he lets the Mallrats sequel just be Mallrats. Don't make Brodie grow up. Let's leave one corner of the View Askew universe untouched by more serious tones and just have some laughs. After all, we go to movies to escape reality...