Pulp Fiction

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Pulp Fiction

Post by TheCatt »

My wife had never seen the whole thing. So we watched it today.

Slower burn than I remembered in the first half, but still excellent. She said it was "good"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Pulp Fiction

Post by GORDON »

Sever.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Pulp Fiction

Post by thibodeaux »

I saw it in the theaters in...’94? I just remember thinking: “that’s fucked up.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Pulp Fiction

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: I saw it in the theaters in...’94? I just remember thinking: “that’s fucked up.”
When the gimp scene showed up, my wife said "Well, there's a twist I did not see coming," and I replied "No one did."

It was Fall 94 when it was released, it took me weeks to see it, cuz I worked and was playing ultimate frisbee in college. About an 85% chance I was high when I saw it. I know I saw it at least once since, but not sure I've seen it since the 90s.
GORDON
Site Admin

Pulp Fiction

Post by GORDON »

They call Mr. Wolf, it's early in the morning. Not even breakfast time yet. Bonnie comes home at 9:30, and as it isn't a Dead N-Word Storage Facility, she'd be none too pleased, so they have 40 minutes to clean up. That makes it about 8:30am when he got the call. Mr. Wolf looks to be in a hotel suite, surrounded by men in tuxedos, and ladies in evening wear. None of them look disheveled, as if the clothes just went back on after a long night.

WTF kind of party was he at at 8:30 am?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Pulp Fiction

Post by TheCatt »

Morning breakfast gala? Ah, illegal gambling operation
original screenplay states:

"The CAMERA looks through the bedroom doorway of a hotel suite into the main area. We SEE a crap game being played on a fancy crap table by GAMBLERS in tuxedos and LUCKY LADIES in fancy evening gowns. The CAMERA PANS to the right revealing: Sitting on a bed, phone in hand with his back to us, the tuxedo-clad WINSTON WOLF aka "THE WOLF"."

So there you have it.