Thor: Love and Thunder

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Sorry folks, the MCU ended with Endgame. Kind of glad, TBH. Will save a lot of money not going to these movies. I mean, if they made any more MCU movies. Which they're not.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Maybe in 10 years Disney will redo them in animation so in another 10 years they can do live-action versions of the same movies.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And this time get the correct genders and races in those roles.

You're already disagreeing, racists.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I def want a nerve damaged superhero with a goofy walk, so I can finally identify with a character.
Start a campaign. I guarantee you that you'll get support for it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bale is in talks to join this film and people on the twitters are begging for him to be Beta Ray Bill.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

According to insiders, the Marvel screen tests have Christian Bale's Gorr the God Butcher as their favorite Marvel villain EVAH!

That's saying something.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I hate when good actors are hidden under so much makeup you can't recognize them, but fingers crossed.

(I had no idea that was Eccleston in Thor 2 until the credits)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:56 pm I hate when good actors are hidden under so much makeup you can't recognize them
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't look like Bale to me, but I saw him a trailer, looks like he can still emote.

I trust in Waititi. He's a 3-way haver, too. (fuck you)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You seriously don't see Bale in that image? It's plain as day to me.
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 pm I trust in Waititi.
Ditto.
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 pm He's a 3-way haver, too. (fuck you)
Why do you make everything gross?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:11 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:08 pm He's a 3-way haver, too. (fuck you)
Why do you make everything gross?
I anticipated your response and replied in advance in the parens.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

But no, don't see Bale. I seriously think I have a form of face blindness. Saw Cakedaddy in an unexpected place one, looked right at him, and didn't recognize him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm Saw Cakedaddy in an unexpected place one, looked right at him, and didn't recognize him.
I AM NOT ASKING!!!!!! :D :D :D
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:19 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm Saw Cakedaddy in an unexpected place one, looked right at him, and didn't recognize him.
I AM NOT ASKING!!!!!! :D :D :D
Three way havers
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm . I seriously think I have a form of face blindness. Saw Cakedaddy in an unexpected place one, looked right at him, and didn't recognize him.
I have this issue too, sometimes.

I did a face blindness test a long time ago, and Christina instantly got everyone. It took me a while, but I did eventually figure out who they were.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That meme is accurate. You need to go into this film realizing you're not seeing a typical action adventure with dramatic elements, but a comedy with action adventure elements. If you think this will be a normal Marvel film, you'll be disappointed. The humor comes immediately after the first scene and it comes fast.

Bale is awesome and his character arc is pretty damn perfect. Portman does exactly what you expect. Crowe is clearly having fun. The GotG cameo stuff is a lot of fun.

Hemsworth and Waititi have taken Thor to the right place to make him entertaining because without the humor and Thor, rightly, being a "take nothing too serious god" his movies would suck.

I really enjoyed this movie, but absolutely understand why people like The Critical Drinker think it sucks. There is one moment late in the film that will make all of you roll your eyes.

Two cameos early on should make you laugh. Stick around for the mid-credit scene for another BIG cameo (Not star power, but introducing a new character and you'll know the actor.). Another really nice cameo in the post credits scene.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Seeing it tomorrow night. If it's more of the Ragnarok style, and less of "The Dark World" I'm 100% in.