Letterkenny

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

Hulu via CraveTV (Whatever that is...)

A friend mentioned this show to me briefly during golf season last summer. He made me believe it was a YouTube show. However, I also saw it on Hulu and added it to my list. I then let it sit there unwatched. Never heard anything about it. My interest was low.

I'm so glad I had time to kill today waiting for new furniture to be delivered and didn't want to start a movie. How have we not discovered this show?

You'll start off laughing at the first episode's opening. Then you'll wonder if this is a sketch show. Then you'll wonder what the fuck is going on. Then you'll be bewildered at the oddity, but laughing all the way. A few episodes in and you'll even understand what people are saying.

The story starts after a breakup for the main character Wayne and rolls from there. Wayne is the toughest guy in Letterkenny, but he doesn't fight anymore. His sister is insanely hot. In attitude and body. She hangs out with two hockey players that really need to kiss and get it over with. Wayne's best friends are perfect foils for Wayne's stoic nature. There are emo meth dealers that are pure comedy who are big into dancing. And it all takes place in this podunk town full of hilarious characters.

I'm already into season 2 and it's holding up so far. Sooooooooo many fucking quotable lines.

Here's the opening of S1E1:
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

Why did letterkenny vids start popping up in my YouTube recommendations? I haven't clicked the vids.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Why did letterkenny vids start popping up in my YouTube recommendations? I haven't clicked the vids.
Those videos above are on Youtube, not DTMan.com, so youtube knows you are loading the URL.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

YouTube knows that you would enjoy them and wants you to stop fucking around and watch them already.

Truthfully, it's because your PC is watching everything you do. The cookies from the embedded video report back to YouTube and it then makes suggestions.
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

I just noticed Roald's locket has a picture of Stewart in it. Little details like that make shows/movies for me.

This show continues to be awesome. Just finished the 6th season. The Dycks was one long series of dick jokes that worked. Valentine's Day episode was nothing but sexual baseball references. That all fucking worked, which was amazing. They were rapid fire, so they spent a lot of time working that shit out.

Bonnie McMurray...
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

Season 7 in two weeks, woot!

https://youtu.be/jz3FTnWOTqY
TheCatt
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by TheCatt »

Live tour coming - Has a stop in Detroit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

I'll be honest, when they start rolling in their Canadian accents, I understand about every other sentence.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'll be honest, when they start rolling in their Canadian accents, I understand about every other sentence.
Still better than Scottish people.
GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

No argument.

Lettrkenny doesn't give the jokes time to land before they told two more.
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I'll be honest, when they start rolling in their Canadian accents, I understand about every other sentence.
I like to re-watch episodes, which makes it easier to understand them the next time through. Binge mode also works.

I have the same problem sometimes with English films. For example: Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was much better the second viewing.
Vince

Letterkenny

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I have the same problem sometimes with English films. For example: Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was much better the second viewing.
I was the same way. I forget if it was that one or the other one that came out at the same time, but they were smart by allowing 15-20 minutes before they actually got into the plot line. Gave your ear time to adjust so you could pick up what they were saying.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

Somehow they released season 8 along with season 7. Both were awesome, but in completely different ways. Noah and Anita Dick show up for one long ass single joke, yet hilarious episode. The ending of season 8 is beautiful.
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

I'm going through it. Just started S8 (yay plecks). 6 25 minute episodes per season makes it quick.

Hardest laugh just happened:
Hockey game, Tanis put the team back together and for some reason mic'd the players, and seems to be recording the banter on the ice. Before the games she gives a report on the other team, what to make fun of. Turns out the other team that night had the highest per-capita marijuana usage in the country.

They're making pot jokes all night.... and at one point Shorsey skates past the opposing bench, just shouting "Edibles!
Edibles! Edibles! Edibles!" over and over.

I laughed for bout 20 seconds.
GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:01 pm There are emo meth dealers that are pure comedy who are big into dancing
"Stert!"
Leisher
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by Leisher »

I love this show so much. Funny as hell, but with lots of heart. Realistic, yet silly. Sexy ladies everywhere. Completely rewatchable multiple times.

One episode that gets me every time is when McMurray goes on their all access show and the callers annihilate him.
GORDON
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by GORDON »

Heh, I watched that 3 episodes ago.

But I didn't know what he expected going on TV to brag about his 5.15 inches.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Letterkenny

Post by TheCatt »

I’m still on season 1. The fart book episode was pretty meh, imho, but the first 2(?) episodes were pretty solid. Especially the birthday party one.