Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Glover and Jordan in talks.

Both are interesting names as one already has a role in the Marvelverse and the other...well, did you see the first film?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Black Panther 2

Post by GORDON »

Well I hope everyone is pansexual. That's what Marvel fans want.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther 2

Post by Leisher »

Chadwick Boseman might be out as Black Panther.

If that happens, Shuri would become the new Panther, and Namor would be introduced as the "biggest black superhero" in the Marvel MCU. Funny because Namor isn't black in the books.

Why do these companies make their underwater characters black? That's not how skin color works.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther 2

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black Panther 2

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Why do these companies make their underwater characters black? That's not how skin color works.
It's not how HUMAN skin works. Although if he lived in shallow enough water, could still be human skin like.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Black Panther 2

Post by thibodeaux »

I forgot where I heard this: they should get Terence Howard :p
Leisher
Site Admin

Black Panther 2

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw on Twitter that The Critical Drinker said the beginning and end are good, but the rest is garbage. Then I saw Tyrone posted a review, and TCD being white, I wanted to see what a black guy whose reviews I trust would say. Hint: He didn't love it.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This was monumentally boring. It was competently made, it was just mind numbingly dull.

They also didn't really get Namor right. He's supposed to be a really arrogant, lady charmer. First, I've said it previously and after seeing the movie I'm more convinced that the casting sucks. Nothing against the guy who plays him because he does a good job acting, but he doesn't pull off Namor. Partly his fault, partly the filmmakers.

The biggest problem with the movie though is the loss of Chadwick Boseman. He was everything to this franchise. This film is like watching a Superman movie without Superman. There goes Perry White, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen doing their things, but is that why people are watching a Superman movie? No.

Riri Williams, the black girl they wanted to replace Tony Stark, is a garbage character that suffers from Woke writing, which is "This character must be infallible." That ultimately makes her boring and uninteresting. Thankfully, her role is very limited.

Shuri has a very interesting character arc because she's flawed, deals with it,
and gets taken advantage of because of it.
Her playing the Black Panther can work because they allow her to fail multiple times in the movie.

I'd never sit down to watch this again. This whole phase of Marvel is just a disaster, and the box office says I'm right.