The Boys (Amazon)

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Seth Rogan must be on a Garth Ennis kick.

The Boys are a rag tag group of super powered individuals who poo-pooed joining a team or anything like that. Well, the heroes that have are essentially gods and act like it. People are beneath them. They just kill, fight, fuck, etc. non-stop. Sometimes all in the name of money. Each group of powered people is a take off of more famous groups: Avengers, Justice League, X-Men, etc.

The government hires The Boys to eliminate them.

Ever actually read Preacher and all the depraved shit that goes on there? Same shit here, but with super powers.

Another way to describe this would be that The Boys are the Punisher and all the heroes and villains are mob guys...

Should be good.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Casting news.

Karl Urban is in it!

If Amazon lets them take the PG-13 gloves off, this show should be excellent.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

In a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame, THE BOYS centers on a group of vigilantes known informally as “The Boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than their blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. THE BOYS is a fun and irreverent take on what happens when superheroes – who are as popular as celebrities, as influential as politicians and as revered as Gods – abuse their superpowers rather than use them for good. It’s the powerless against the super powerful as The Boys embark on a heroic quest to expose the truth about “The Seven,” and Vought – the multi-billion dollar conglomerate that manages these superheroes.

Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Full trailer

Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Ok, those trailers kind of sucked. Didn't really explain to you what this series is all about, but this trailer will do the trick. This show should 100% be on your radar.

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

When does it actually show up?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

July 26th

And if you haven't figured it out yet, "The 7" is DC's Justice League (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.).

I expect additional seasons, like in the books, will address other teams like The Avengers and X-Men.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: July 26th
Good God, tell Amazon to stop talking about it until then. Two days ago, something I did was "brought to [me] by The Boys"
GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

In fairness, that's next month.

2019 be flying, yo.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: In fairness, that's next month.

2019 be flying, yo.
Right... I like to know about things like the day they drop. Or the day before.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by GORDON »

Word.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Books have been out for years. Maybe they want to give people time to read those if they want.

Or maybe they'll like "Who could possibly be upset about us pushing a show that starts next month? Only whiny bitches right?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: "Who could possibly be upset about us pushing a show that starts next month? Only whiny bitches right?"
I have the right to whine. #America
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Final trailer. Starts Friday!

https://youtu.be/tcrNsIaQkb4
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Starts Friday!
Should have posted this in two days :P
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

I considered adding a line asking if this was too soon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I considered adding a line asking if this was too soon.
We'll train you yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Episode 1 was pretty solid.

Again, this is an adult show. Don't watch with your kids. The warnings at the front are graphic violence, nudity, graphic language, rape, etc.

Great effects and acting.

It's still missing something, but I think that's because I know where this is going and the show hasn't explained it all yet.

Speaking of the source material, they're pretty faithful to it. I haven't read it in years, but I remembered certain scenes being right from the books.

Won't have time to catch another episode until Saturday night, but I'm excited to continue the series.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by TheCatt »

Finally, time to post about it :)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Boys (Amazon)

Post by Leisher »

Glowing review.

Also, season 2 has already been confirmed.