General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Okay, I intentionally used the term "Marvel title" instead of "Marvel property" because I was well aware that the Fantastic Four was made by a different studio. In fact, I even said "I know they changed studios". I'm not sure what magic arrangement of words you'd prefer to acknowledge that "The Fantastic Four was a Marvel comic before it was a non-Marvel studio movie, yet still a part of the Marvel comic universe and still audiences were willing to give movies based on Marvel comics another chance". Whatever that magic sequence of phrase is, let's just pretend I used it here. You did not correct me. I apparently wasn't clear.

I like the back and forth with you in almost every area on the board except when you get on Marvel movies. When it comes to talking Marvel studios, you get kind of snobby.

Edit: I wasn't calling you "uncle". I was saying "I give up".
cry (or say) uncle
phrase of uncle
1. NORTH AMERICAN informal
surrender or admit defeat.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I apparently wasn't clear.
This, because...
Vince wrote: "I know they changed studios"
I was genuinely confused by this statement. I wasn't arguing with you as Catt alleges. (He's such a Malcolm.) Thus, why I was trying to correct you. I thought you meant Marvel switched from Fox to Disney. Using the FF made it even more confusing because of who owned the rights to the property.
Vince wrote: I like the back and forth with you in almost every area on the board except when you get on Marvel movies. When it comes to talking Marvel studios, you get kind of snobby.
Come to the sports forum and rave about Alabama, Saban, Brady, or the Patriots. You'll experience some snobbery there too.

The roots of my being "snobby" regarding Marvel and movies are deep, but if you're being fair, your DC fandom plays a role in how you perceive my opinions on the subject.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: The roots of my being "snobby" regarding Marvel and movies are deep, but if you're being fair, your DC fandom plays a role in how you perceive my opinions on the subject.
But I'm not a DC fanboy. I think the fact that I don't trash them all at every opportunity clouds your perception of my feelings there. Believe me, there is a lot to trash in most of them especially from a guy that grew up as a comic geek. But there is a huge audience of folks that were not comic nerds growing up, and as action movies they service that audience fine for the most part. I can separate my inner comic geek from my enjoying a movie adult and recognize they do okay for the later while leaving the former frustrated as hell.

I will acknowledge that I despise Disney. But I try to keep that in check. I still rate Winter Soldier as probably the best comic movie made up to this point, despite my hatred of Disney.

I'm also half Italian. So I argue (often with great hand gestures). Also have a lot of German, so there's a whole oven thing there also.

Edit: For what it's worth, I am much more of a Marvel comic fan than DC. I read The Flash growing up. Green Lantern and Batman (more of a Miller/ Dark Knight type reader). That was about it on DC. Oh! The Swamp Thing with Moore. Probably some of the finest writing in comics with that series. Otherwise I was a Spiderman, X-men, Machine-man, Nova guy. Even bought the ROM series when it came out. Liked Hulk (more early Hulk than later). Doctor Strange was a favorite.

2nd Edit: Forgot Iron-man. Was a reader back when Tony has in the bottle and Rhodey had to wear the suit for him. Never was a Captain America fan in the comics. Just found him boring for the same reasons I find Superman boring. Kind of two dimensional character. Was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the movies. First was just okay, but I recognized it as an origin story setup for what was coming.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Lindsay Lohan really wants to be Batgirl.

In other DC movie news, they're working hard to make the continuity of their film universe as confusing as their comic universe.

#1 complaint of potential new comic readers: "There's so much story and history and different settings that it's hard to get a hold for what's going on and who's who."

WB/DC Filmmakers: "Let's create different universes in the movie universe. People love that."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: WB/DC Filmmakers: "Let's create different universes in the movie universe. People love that."
Agreed. Either connect the worlds or don't. This has been poorly thought out.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Vince

General DC Movie News

Post by Vince »

I pretty much had assumed that was the case when it was announced.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Cavill wants to extend with DC.

Smart move on his part. Too many actors these days. Lock down a long term role when you can.

But is resigning him wise? He's a name that gets whispered about by places like "An Open Secret".
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Maybe they should look at challenging gender norms and make Batgirl a boy?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

If Affleck is indeed leaving, there's a chance Negan could become Batman.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Marvel is sitting out ComicCon this year. So it's DC's (remember them?) opportunity to shine.

Rumor has it they're rolling out a relaunch of the entire brand.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Has that ever been a plot-line?
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

No sir.

The closest they have gotten is Martha Wayne became the Joker during the Flashpoint story line, which saw Bruce die instead of his parents.

The most recent story line, thank you Wiki, saw the Joker revealed as immortal and having been alive forever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No sir.

The closest they have gotten is Martha Wayne became the Joker during the Flashpoint story line, which saw Bruce die instead of his parents.

The most recent story line, thank you Wiki, saw the Joker revealed as immortal and having been alive forever.
Physics must be forever grateful for comics' multi-dimensional theories.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Don't poo poo it. There's a reality where you are Batman. Probably more where you're being gang raped in prison though...
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Don't poo poo it. There's a reality where you are Batman. Probably more where you're being gang raped in prison though...
Only realities which are possible could exist.