General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

The majority of what has come after Endgame hasn't been good. But almost half has been ok. Making Falcon Cap has been the dumbest thing I think
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

I don't really bother much with "Metallica Sucks! Metallica Rules!" arguments. Except if I'm kinda bored.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:34 pm Making Falcon Cap has been the dumbest thing I think
To be fair, that's what happened in the books. Although, Rogers does eventually return to take the shield back.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Getting back to DC, my point was more: ensemble superhero movies aren't an improvement over single-hero movies, and it's even more true when Superman is part of the ensemble. He's OP, he doesn't need help! So, DC shouldn't try to do an MCU. Marvel managed it, but it's a unique event and it's way past it's sell-by.

Further, the DC characters have proven to be winners in solo movies. Why wouldn't you try to recreate Nolan's Batman magic, for heaven's sake, instead of MCU? The freakin' Joaquer was a hit (surely that was extremely low-budget?). DC can make good profitable movies from their characters without having to have a Skybeam/CGI army battle.

DC should have gone all-in on Cavill, and maybe had Gal show up as an occasional love interest or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

You'll be happy to know that Joaquer 2 is in production.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:22 am You'll be happy to know that Joaquer 2 is in production.
I didn't mean I liked it :p I'm just saying DC should play to their strengths and not try to imitate MCU.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:09 pm I'm just saying DC should play to their strengths and not try to imitate MCU.
Sure, I'd buy that, but I would also say their strengths are not hiring the "hot director" and giving them a blank check to do whatever they want. Also, they shouldn't completely ignore all continuity. That hasn't worked too well.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

The Rock is making waves on social media by unfollowing WB and Black Adam pages.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

James Gunn responds to "disrespectful outcry" from a "minority" of fans.

He basically says to go fuck yourself.

Gee, it's so odd that Hollywood is struggling these days.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

I was going to keep my outcry reasonable, but now I'll go ahead and be disrespectful.

GFY, DC under James Gunn. He's obviously gotten too old to be cool and he's going to make decisions now based on the accounting department and not what the fans actually want.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

#FireJamesGunn trending for the 5th day in a row and WB stock is still in the toilet.

I did not notice it previously, but Rock announced his departure from DC and this is the 2nd page of that announcement. Notice what he bolded. The exact opposite of James Gunn's go fuck yourself to the fans.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

The anti-James Gunn stuff is still among the top trending topics on Twitter, including #BoycottWBD. Also, WBD's stock is still tanking.

I knew Gunn had some pedo comments in his Twitter history that he said were jokes, which I understand. I'm not a weak spined person who thinks _______ should never be joked about. However, what I did not know is that his apparent bestie is a convicted pedo, he associates with another, and Gunn threw a "sexy kid" themed party where guests came dressed as kids and he was dressed as a priest.

If you're the head of WBD, do you continue on hoping that this very large portion of your potential audience forgets that your new studio head had not only insulted them, fired the biggest stars that they wanted, and is strongly linked to pedos? Or do you possibly alienate your industry by sending him packing?

Keep in mind that Gunn created a very good Suicide Squad movie for them that lost tens of millions of dollars...

GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

The more I think about Black Adam, the more I wonder if they were incredibly subtle by making Amanda Waller and the "Justice the Society" the villains. Because the Justice Society's "Kneel or die" line was absolutely bad guy energy.

Is it just that no one got it?
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Put something in the Black Adam thread for you. There's a specific line in it regarding the writing/dialogue...
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

This is hilarious.

thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:25 pm This is hilarious.
They should put these guys in charge fr no cap
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Fire James Gunn is trending yet again as DC cancelled Doom Patrol and Teen Titans, two more series fans loved, in the name of Gunn's new direction.

There is also a lot of smoke about the GotG all leaving Marvel to go work with Gunn at DC and that has Marvel and DC fans pissed off.

It's kind of entertaining watching massive corporations with IPs worth billions turn them into IPs worth millions.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Zachary Levi pissing off the left right before Shazam 2 drops is probably not brilliant.

"Republicans buy shoes too." - Michael Jordan
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

James Gunn's DCEU slate.

I won't lie, I don't hate everything about this, BUT Gunn has a ton to prove. GotG 1 was awesome, 2 was meh, we'll see on 3. The Suicide Squad was entertaining, but mainly because of the performances and one liners. Overall, it was no better than Black Adam, and like BA, it lost money. I actually think TSS was DC's biggest loser financially.

The good:
-I like that he stole the phases idea from Marvel.
-I respect the reboot idea because, as one of the YouTubers I watch has long criticized, "They just need to run their own race and not chase Marvel."
-The Elseworlds tag is smart, but will be confusing to the casual audience.

The bad:
-While I like the reboot, I do not know if a full reboot was needed. They could have gone forward with the same cast, which is the only thing DC got right previously. I would have just started over there and skipped origin stories.
-They just shit all over everyone who loved Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, and Affleck. Not to mention Zack Snyder's work. That is a LOT of fans. Don't think so? When is the last time a studio was forced to rerelease a movie because of fan outrage? The vast majority of these people have already vowed to not support Gunn's DC.
-A lot of DC fans didn't want "Gunn's style" in DC even before The Suicide Squad came out. The box office for that showed it wasn't just a few people.
-Gunn's got some questionable associations with pedos in his personal life that become even more glaring based on his new position.
-WB doesn't have any money. Not sure you're going to see the best CGI or the best names in Hollywood. In fact, many of these projects might have tight budgets.
-This lineup feels questionable. Superman: Legacy being first out of the gate is shaky considering the ill will created among fans. Brave and the Bold sounds like the best bet to do well. The others all seem like ways to cast lower tier actors and keep costs low.

In related news, am I the only person in the world who has a soft spot for the original Swamp Thing movie?
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

I will NOT be giving any more money to DC unless I hear stellar "wow we were wrong and gunn was right" reviews.