General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Zack Snyder is doing a film festival for charity featuring his DC films soon.

There is a lot of smoke associated with this and some of his comments that a player like Netflix might license the Snyderverse and let him make additional DC movies.

These would be "Elseworld" movies and not canon.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

There's a large rumor out there about a cameo in The Flash, and it has to do with an actual casting that was thisclose to happening back in the day.

Nic Cage will appear as Superman.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Rumor says WB has already declared Aquaman 2 a failure.

We're three months from release. No trailer. No advertising.

-Fans are pissed over the Superman recasting.
-Most fans are aware this movie is meaningless because the whole DC universe is being rebooted.
-All of their other DC movies have failed since Gunn's takeover was announced.
-Turns out Amber Heard is a lying, cheating, abusive, bed shitting golddigger.
-The writer and actor strikes continue.

They should either scrap it and write it off or release it with no fanfare and hope it recoups production costs.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

I thought the first one was more overrated than even avatar. So.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

WB trending towards bankruptcy.

This merger just happened and they're already in financial trouble?

Rumors that they might sell?

Also, word is that Gunn was told to dump all of the big names from DC movies and recast all the roles with cheap actors. That tracks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Article:
Macroaxis, a ‘personalized wealth optimization service', claims Warner Bros. Discovery may soon go bankrupt. The site mentions that the company's ‘Stock Probability of Bankruptcy' is nearly 60 percent.
Macroaxis:
The Probability of Bankruptcy SHOULD NOT be confused with the actual chance of a company to file for chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 bankruptcy protection. Macroaxis simply defines Financial Distress as an operational condition where a company is having difficulty meeting its current financial obligations towards its creditors or delivering on the expectations of its investors. Macroaxis derives these conditions daily from both public financial statements as well as analysis of stock prices reacting to market conditions or economic downturns, including short-term and long-term historical volatility. Other factors taken into account include analysis of liquidity, revenue patterns, R&D expenses, and commitments, as well as public headlines and social sentiment.
Probability Of Bankruptcy is a relative measure of the likelihood of financial distress.
Stock market: WBD is worth $30 Billion.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Yep, their model has them at a >50% likelihood of going bankrupt.

Their feature films have certainly tanked for sometime now, and the new Aquaman is tracking lower than The Marvels.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:46 pm Yep, their model has them at a >50% likelihood of going bankrupt.
No, it does not. That was the point of the 2nd paragraph I posted. It's relative risk, not absolute.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:01 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:46 pm Yep, their model has them at a >50% likelihood of going bankrupt.
No, it does not. That was the point of the 2nd paragraph I posted. It's relative risk, not absolute.
I didn't read your posted word salad.
TheCatt wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:08 pm The Probability of Bankruptcy SHOULD NOT be confused with the actual chance of a company to file for chapter 7, 11, 12, or 13 bankruptcy protection.
Now that I've looked at this first sentence, I wish I hadn't read it this second go around.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »