General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Story-wise, all Matt Reeves has revealed so far is that The Batman will have a noir tone, see Bruce Wayne using his detective skills and feature multiple Batman villains.
Dark and gritty, with lots of villains.

Calling it now: dumpster fire.
Cakedaddy

General DC Movie News

Post by Cakedaddy »

I think they should cast a black guy. Who used to be a woman. Or, a black guy who is now a woman. Maybe the person from Orange is the New Black can do it.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Michael B. Jordan as Superman?

Jordan also shows that he gets it:
“Yeah, that was a rumor, I heard that, I heard a few rumours buzzing around, I think just to be in those conversations, it’s flattering,” said Jordan. “It’s tough. I hate being a businessman and understanding both sides of the situation and I think there’s a huge upside to it but then there’s just being under that microscope and being picked apart and compared to so many different versions of Superman. I would rather do something original… I’ll be Calvin Ellis. You know there’s another version of Superman from Earth-23. You know, I’m a comic book guy. There’s another version of Superman in another dimension that is black already in the comic books, and I think the comic book purists can accept that more than me being Clark Kent from Kansas.”
It's not racism. It's about being true to the source material.

It'd be a really smart move too, as they could then prepare for the telling of some of their best "big" stories that typically involve characters from other realities. You'd be training your audience to understand the concept before springing it on them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Aquaman producer doesn't think DC needs to do teamup movies anymore.

I don't think he understands that the ones they attempted sucked, but the fans do want them.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

When the chick running DC said years ago that "we aren't in business to emulate Marvel's success," I knew that franchise was being run by braindead idiots.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

"Bloodbath" at DC.

Not sure the media should be using terms like that these days...

Essentially, the huge shake up at Warner Brothers has now hit DC Comics. They basically gutted the DC Universe streaming service.

Variety's article is a bit more positive.

Should be interesting to see where DC goes from here.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

I'm hearing Superman is confirmed that it will be rebooted by JJ Abrahms and feature a black Superman.

Rumor has it upon hearing the news Henry Cavhil reached out to Marvel. People are already plugging him in as Captain Britain.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

DC already lost me. Aquaman deserved none of the success it got, and the wonder woman sequel was terrible. They don't know how to make a movie franchise in spite of having the blueprint for it kicking their asses daily in box office numbers.

Black superman is more pandering than I can take.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

I thought of that too Thib.
GORDON wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:19 pm They don't know how to make a movie franchise in spite of having the blueprint for it kicking their asses daily in box office numbers.
They know, which is why they have publicly admitted that they're not trying to compete with the MCU anymore. Instead their plan is to just hire big name creative folks and let them make their own stand alone movies.

If I was an investor, I'd be pissed. They have the material to make billions, but are actively choosing to make millions instead.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Flash's stand alone is going to change the DCEU.
Perhaps even more jarring ... the claim that an entirely new Justice League is formed by the end -- and that the new Batman, as it were, is actually going to be Batgirl (eventually), and Supergirl is the new Superman. She also says Michael Keaton comes back as his OG Batman -- because of reported universe jumping, a la 'Spider-Man' -- but he's old now (obvs).
This is from the "woke" studio that defended Joss Whedon's behavior and then fired their only black superhero, Ray Fisher, when he spoke up about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

#BoycottWB is trending.

Why? So many reasons being thrown out there:
-Ray Fisher spoke up about racism and abuse on set when Joss Whedon was in charge. Result: Ray Fisher was fired.
-Now Jason Mamoa just posted support for him and the boycott WB thing.
-Affleck recently was interviewed and said his experience on set when Whedon was there is why he doesn't want to return.
-Gal Gadot has spoken up in support of Fisher.
-WB has some weird hatred for Henry Cavhill, which is why he's being dumped as Superman.
-WB hates Zach Snyder, again, no idea why.
-Fans shitting all over WW84.
-Fans shitting all over Whedon's JL.
-Fans shitting all over DC for their cover up of Whedon's actions.

Now there's this, your new Justice League:

The Flash on top of WW is because in Whedon's first JL Flash was supposed to run into WW's tits and Gal Gadot refused to shoot the scene. Yes, that Batman is Michael Keaton, he's returning.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm The Flash on top of WW is because in Whedon's first JL Flash was supposed to run into WW's tits and Gal Gadot refused to shoot the scene.
Reminds me of a joke: Flash sees Wonder Woman sunbathing nude, and thinks, "I could totally get on that and bust a nut and be gone before she even notices." So with super-flash-speed he runs up, flash-fucks her, cums, and runs off.

Wonder Woman raises her head and says, "WTH was that?"

Martian Manhunter says, "I don't know but it tore my asshole UP."
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm Martian Manhunter says, "I don't know but it tore my asshole UP."
I always heard Invisible Man.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:12 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm Martian Manhunter says, "I don't know but it tore my asshole UP."
I always heard Invisible Man.
Yeah but MM works better bc he's in the Justice League. AFAIk, "Invisible Man" isn't a DC character.

(MM can become invisible if you didn't get that from the context)
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:14 pm (MM can become invisible if you didn't get that from the context)
It's always nice when someone else nerds here.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:42 pm
thibodeaux wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:14 pm (MM can become invisible if you didn't get that from the context)
I really only know this stuff from watching Robot Chicken clips on Youtube...
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:53 pm
Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:42 pm
I really only know this stuff from watching Robot Chicken clips on Youtube...
Suuuuurrrreeee....