General DC Movie News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

Heh, someone find the quote for m the DC exec 15 years ago who said, "we're not in the business of copying marvel" and then I said, "oh you don't want to be successful and make money like them?"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

There's a reason they were easily bought out and the executives purged.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

I wonder how often Feige has been kidnapped and taken into a dark room
with a hood over his head and offered a billion dollars to make the DC universe.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

The PR campaign to salvage Ezra Miller has begun.

Shocking that a non-binary person that uses they/them pronouns would have complex mental health issues.
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

I've been saying that from the beginning. Why are they demonizing someone with clear problems? Not cool.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Twitter is hinting that Amber Heard might be getting replaced in Aquaman 2 as the "Replace Amber Heard" petition has hit 4.6M signatures.

What has caught people's attention is googling Aquaman 2's cast has suddenly started showing a new person with no character... (Not fake. Google it yourself.)

thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

Might watch this if he rails her doggy again
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

I probably could have phrased that better so have at it
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

Kal Drogo would call it Horsey Style.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

Ezra Miller believes himself to be a Messiah.

I guess I should have said themself as he's non-binary, but uh, he thinks he's a Messiah and referred to himself as both Jesus and the devil and he's serious.

Can we really believe anything he says?

And not for nothing, but uh, I'm glad there's a line drawn somewhere between non-binary and God. However, it'd be helpful if it was clearer.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

"Non-binary" means "mentally ill."
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

The new owners of WB are clearly smarter than the old ones. They've already dumped tons of waste in the form of non-profitable stuff (some of which happened to be super woke). They also want their DC Universe to copy the Marvel formula rather than just be a bunch of standalone movies.

Now they're bringing back Cavill as Superman for multiple films.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

October 2022: Cavill is back as Superman! We're following the Marvel model! DC fans were super excited!

December 2022: Cavill out! Superman film to focus on his younger years. New bosses ignore fans to do their own stuff.

I love James Gunn's work on GotG and I'm sure his Superman film will be awesome, but he clearly needs to learn to read the room. People wanted to see Cavill vs The Rock. Gunn's post is getting destroyed by fans on Twitter.

At least they cancelled WW3.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

More and more I'm convinced that MCU caught lightning in a bottle, mostly thanks to RDJr.

That said, here are some assertions I'm going to make:
- Gal Gadot is cute as hell and the first WW movie was solid enough to build SOMETHING on
- Henry Cavill is probably the Most Superman looking guy ever (since Chris Reeve, and maybe even more so) and on top of it seems to be geeky enough that he could have been DC's RDJr.
- Everybody loves Batman, he's probably DC's most interesting famous character, but nobody likes Ben Affleck as anything

Not sure how you put together a winning cinematic universe there, but IMO if they don't have Cavill why bother?

Cavill vs The Rock would probably suck as a movie but at least would sell tix
GORDON
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by GORDON »

If they dump Cavill, I'm never paying to see another DCEU movie. He's the only thing they did right. I'm out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by TheCatt »

I agree with Thib.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

I really don't have a much of a dispute to anything here, except Marvel catching lightning in a bottle. I would argue we don't really know yet because Kevin Feige allowed too much woke horseshit to be injected into "phase 4". Insiders say Marvel know phase 4 was complete garbage that people hated, confirmed by user ranking and the piss poor ratings and box office.

So we'll see if they can do it again, particularly when they get to mutants in phase 6.
thibodeaux

General DC Movie News

Post by thibodeaux »

The reality is that ALL of MCU sucked except for a few movies. The first Iron Man was enjoyable and made us stick around for the rest. Winter Soldier and GotG1 were watchable. The rest were just tedious Skybeam + Faceless CGI Army borefests. They should have wrapped at Endgame.

I will die on this hill.
Leisher
Site Admin

General DC Movie News

Post by Leisher »

I'll let you die needlessly and alone because I would not try to change your opinion, so matter how wrong it may be.