The Orville

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

oooooohhhh, bartender. i'll have to glance at that again.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

S2E3 - ok, there's constanza.

Also, ha, two Star trek alums in one episode.

Also, that was a pretty intense episode.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Three Star trek alums. I just figured out who alaras 's mom was.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: S2E3 - ok, there's constanza.
Yep, probably filmed a bunch of scenes with him in advance so they wouldn't have to do makeup more than once.
GORDON wrote: Three Star trek alums. I just figured out who alaras 's mom was.
I recognized her mom and dad. Dad was the hologram doctor in Voyager? I recognized mom, and I assume from Trek, but no idea who she played. Who was the third? Wait, where do I recognize the other woman from, the baddie? Is she from a Trek?

Also, another Seinfeld alum showed up! Did you spot them?
GORDON wrote: Also, that was a pretty intense episode.
I really enjoyed the planet and the "car". Love that they traveled to more than a single location on the planet. Not something we saw often in Trek. The story line itself was pretty solid. Loved the reason for going there and then the baddie motivation.

Knew the ultimate fate of the one person based upon stuff I had read in the summer, but I don't know why in real life. It's quite strange considering the person's love life. I don't want to spoil it. I'll write it backwards: htes gnignab saw ehs
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

The bad guy was a main on Voyager. Or maybe Enterprise. I always forget where that guy was.

Yep,saw putty immediately.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Yep,saw putty immediately.
Wasn't really shocking considering he also plays Joe on Family Guy.

Last season's bartender for one episode was Ralph Garmin who also does a bunch of Family Guy voices and hosts Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

The latest episode, the "Earth/Little Fishes" one, stole a plot device from the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, and did it better.

If I was a STD writer I'd be pissed for two reasons. That Seth stole it, and did it better.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

This episode wasn't as heavy as the last one, but it was pretty good. I like when shows drop little details in earlier episodes that pay off later.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

The last episode I kept thinking, "Star Trek did this first, but The Orville is doing it better." A lot better.

And the mustache was hilarious.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Orville had a critic's score of 26% on RT for season 1, for season 2 it's a 100%. This dude breaks down how that's possible. (Hint: The media is full of shit.)

Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

So can we talk about how awesome Identity Part 1 and 2 were?
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

We're a few eps behind
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

They are a game changer.

The entire status quo of the show is altered.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Once again, ST did it first, but Orville did it better. Although, on this one I'd be willing to call it a tie because while the concept was the same, the angles taken were different. That ST:TNG episode was pretty awesome and was called back to in a later episode that saved the Enterprise.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Holy shit...what does the ending of the last episode mean?

Did everything just change?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Nice comeback episode.

Hearing things about S3 renewal. Not guaranteed because nobody really has a fucking clue how ratings work anymore with cable cutting. However, California just approved the show for big tax credits if its renewed.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: So can we talk about how awesome Identity Part 1 and 2 were?
Yes it was.

I told my kid "Star Trek TNG is considered to be the best of them all. That episode rivaled some of the best of that series."

He is amused that Seth is making better Star Trek than the new Star Trek show.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: He is amused that Seth is making better Star Trek than the new Star Trek show.
He is not alone in that opinion.

I honestly think if Fox drops The Orville there's a decent chance Hulu, Netflix, or someone else will come calling to grab it.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »