The Orville

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Just this second I realized the hot first officer's actress from Toledo has the exact same last name as the guy in charge of the scuba divers at the toledo zoo, and he and i are facebook friends.

I better put her on my list, stat.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Adrianne Palicki? Her dad is Jeffrey, and her brother is Eric.

No idea about relation to Brad.

Lots of Palicki's in Toledo
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

I think my wife went to school with her or some shit and knows the family.

She's also friends with Katie Holmes' brother or something.

Toledo is a small city.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

[video][/video]
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

That's actually impressive.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Can't rememberi cannot recall if we finished season 1, I think we did
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Be cautious about spoilers.

Something is going to happen to one of the characters in season 2. Not sure if it's what you're thinking, but they definitely were not around for filming the second half of the season.

Although, don't be too concerned because apparently _________________________________.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Good first episode to season 2. It had zero action and a lame subplot with children, but setup the dynamic of most of the crew for the season.

I didn't realize who the guest star was until the final scene then I recognized the eyes.

BTW, don't wait to watch. Watch it within a week via DVR (or whatever) or your viewing won't count towards ratings.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Good breakdown of why The Orville is more ST than ST:D, and better at being progressive than other shows that have #Woke.

GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Unless a woman is victimized by a white male, it isn't woke.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

He goes a little over the top in praise, and I think the writing could be a little sharper, but it's definitely the best ST since TNG
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

I don't think it's too over the top. For me, and I think for him, that third episode really sealed the deal. That's when it went from copy to successor.

I do like that it's very even handed in the subject matter it attempts to tackle. It's interesting when someone like Seth is the primary creative mind behind a product(s) for so long. If you go back to early Family Guy to now you can absolutely see how his political beliefs have changed over time. The episode of Family Guy where Quagmire dresses down Brian as a person and rips his politics apart was a clear turning point for Seth. Without that shift in his own views I don't think The Orville works as well because it wouldn't have been even handed, ala early Family Guy.

BTW, did anyone else spot that guest star in S2E1 (without cheating)?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: don't think it's too over the top.
"McFarlane can hang with any actor in dramatic moments" (or something to that effect). No. He cannot. He's a little better than Captain Kirk... but he's no Picard.

I'm still in S1.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: "McFarlane can hang with any actor in dramatic moments" (or something to that effect). No. He cannot. He's a little better than Captain Kirk... but he's no Picard.
I will concede that line. That's pretty over the top.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Has anyone heard how many eps in season 2?

Just watched s2e2. I didn't care for all the gay sex with the big black guys, but I liked that there was a point, and Bortis had a bit of a break though.

And no, still don't know who the e1 guest star was. The big headed alien sounds like a comedian I've seen on other stuff, but I don't know his name.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I didn't care for all the gay sex with the big black guys
You're such a racist. If they were all honkeys you would have loved it.
GORDON wrote: but I liked that there was a point, and Bortis had a bit of a break though.
The overall story line was pretty well done. I like how he got careless as folks in that position tend to do.
GORDON wrote: And no, still don't know who the e1 guest star was. The big headed alien sounds like a comedian I've seen on other stuff, but I don't know his name.
Coooooooostanza!
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

No shit. The blind date guy? Or someone else?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

The bartender alien with the big head.

The blind date guy is a recurring character.