The Orville

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

The Orville

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just started watching this as Star Trek never really appealed to me enough to watch this much of it. But, thought I'd give it a try anyway. Just watched S1E19. Doctor and her kids go on vacation with the robot guy. They crash on a planet. She gets rescued by a native and locked in a room in a 'safe place' 10 Clover Lane style. She keeps trying to escape 10 Clover Lane style. Her captor is taking care of her, even tending to her wounds 10 Clover Lane style. Eventually, she straight up murders the guys that saved her life and was taking care of her. Doesn't try to stun/disable him. Knifes him in the guy and then shoots him type murder. Later, when she's with her kids and they are being attacked by the crazy natives 10 Clover Lane style, her kids ask "Is he killing them?!" "No!" She replies. "We value life more than they do". I was like FUUUUCK YOU BITCH! You just straight up murdered the guy that saved you, dragged you to safety, and was ready to take care of you for however long you needed it. Had ANY one of those other motherfuckers found you, you'd already be dead. He was one of the VERY FEW good/sane guys out there, and you fucking killed him. But you value life more than them. Fuuuuuck you. Holier than thou fucking C.U.Next.Tuesday!

Oh. There were a LOT of similarities between this episode and 10 Clover Lane.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:57 pmS1E19
S1E08 for those who like correct episode references. Into the Fold.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

The Orville

Post by Cakedaddy »

Maybe it just felt like 19 episodes. . .
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Spoilers for the where the check on the Maklin colon:

Hell of a redemption for Klyden. I wasn't even going to buy it but his apology was really good and sincere, and you could tell by the end he was going to try to be better. I had a feeling maybe Bortis wasn't on board ("Hey.... she forgave you, but I'm this whole other person over here...") Well done, writers.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Geez, I hope Ep10 wasn't the season finale. That was kinda lame compared to the rest of the season.

And again.... when my son and I were uncomfortable with the large gay alien male sex scene, we couldn't decide if we were racist, homophobic, or xenophobic. There's just so many ways to be a piece of shit these days.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Just finished ep8. Fell behind with the vacation and other things.

Bortis and Klyden can act. Topa cannot, but she's a kid so understandable.

Really enjoyed this episode. I love the political stuff they have setup in this universe.

If you want to see a season 4, it is highly advised that if you have Disney+ you start watching Orville there. Also, start pushing the show to friends. Seth says it's 50/50 on a renewal right now, but Disney+ viewership would really help.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Really liked S3ep9. Every faction's actions made sense logically.

FYI: Not sure if we revealed this previously, but Seth is engaged to Charlie.

Teleya is a great actress and pretty cute under that makeup.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Which one is charlie
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:58 am Which one is charlie
I'm going to guess "The hot one"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

That is correct.

She's 28 and he's 48.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:50 am That is correct.

She's 28 and he's 48.
This game is almost too easy.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

The bi weapons chick who hated Isaac?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Yes sir.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Heh, didin't know they were dating. Her character annoyed me.... probably the way the actress portrayed "extreme rage and loss." Didn't pull it off. Seemed whiny.

The former security chief.... the first super strong women. She and Macfarland were a thing, then they broke up. I believe that's why she left the show.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:36 pm The former security chief.... the first super strong women. She and Macfarland were a thing, then they broke up. I believe that's why she left the show.
That's how I understood it as well.

I really enjoyed S3. Finished it tonight and it seemed like Seth saying farewell, but he is on record as saying if it's renewed he is excited to go forward with the show. I really hope they get more seasons, but I'm fine if that was it because everything wrapped up nicely. Well, except for that person still on Kryll (sp?).

The storyline with the girl from that one planet went exactly where I thought it would go, but I loved the wrinkle they added at the end. I think they did a better job of explaining that particular policy better than Trek ever did.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Not renewed yet, but promising news.

TLDR:
-Sounds like the cast expects to be back.
-Disney+ is cost cutting as the streaming wars are in full swing and casualties are being taken.
-The new person running Disney+ has a great relationship with Seth and they've had "productive meetings".
-NASA recently honored the show, which gives everyone some hope that such a big accolade will help with a renewal.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Still not renewed, but work is apparently continuing on the show.

I've heard Seth may become an admiral and Kelly would take the helm.