The Orville

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: VB used to be the shit. Then they literally took 2 years between seasons... and culture's tastes change a lot in a decade. R&M didn't exist in VB S1... but now it's all about R&M.

For now. Having that 7 season deal SHOULD help the R&M release schedule.
VB?

They've said that with the 7 season deal, they'll have shorter breaks. Already working on S5 as S4 wraps up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Some shows have taken 12-18 months between seasons in a "ready when it's ready" strategy, then I can't remember the damned story each season when it takes a decade to get 6 seasons out. Take too long, and the world changes and you lose your momentum.
Excellent point. Although, in some cases I enjoy going back and re-watching a series to catch up.

I do find myself waiting for some series to simply end before I watch them.
GORDON wrote: Venture Brothers
I have never seen a single episode nor even seen this show mentioned aside from you on these forums. Was it really a thing at one point?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Venture Brothers.

It started so long ago... that I had to look it up. I was there in season 1 in 2004. And S7 finished in 2018. The first couple years, it was the coolest thing on TV. But two years between seasons, and no one even knows what VB means in a conversation about Venture Brothers.

Not even relevant to the conversation, I was just saying I hope the long gap between seasons doesn't hurt Orville.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
I have never seen a single episode nor even seen this show mentioned aside from you on these forums. Was it really a thing at one point?
I had a couple t-shirts.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: It started so long ago... that I had to look it up. I was there in season 1 in 2004. And S7 finished in 2018. The first couple years, it was the coolest thing on TV. But two years between seasons, and no one even knows what VB means in a conversation about Venture Brothers.
Would those seasons hold up in this Rick & Morty world?
GORDON wrote: Not even relevant to the conversation, I was just saying I hope the long gap between seasons doesn't hurt Orville.
For all we know they're going to soft reboot the whole series.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Interactive fan experience coming to Steam?
It's out and it's cool. Not much to do yet, but you'll definitely recognize the rooms from the show.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's out and it's cool. Not much to do yet, but you'll definitely recognize the rooms from the show.
Free?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Free
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Orville's real life couple getting divorced.

I had just been thinking about this show this morning and wondering when it would return. (2021 if C-19 allows them to get back to filming.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Orville's real life couple getting divorced.

I had just been thinking about this show this morning and wondering when it would return. (2021 if C-19 allows them to get back to filming.)
Well, that's just... odd.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

I've been wondering. Rumor has it that Seth wants out.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I've been wondering. Rumor has it that Seth wants out.
WHAT? WHY?

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/t ... rlane.html
GORDON
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by GORDON »

He’s been pitching the idea of killing off his character and handing the show over to someone else to run but Hulu does not want more of The Orville if Seth MacFarlane isn’t a part of it.”
That's what I heard.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
He’s been pitching the idea of killing off his character and handing the show over to someone else to run but Hulu does not want more of The Orville if Seth MacFarlane isn’t a part of it.”
That's what I heard.
According to the people on The Orville FB page, those rumors (which I swear I had posted in the Spring...at least I know I read the exact same story then) are horseshit.

I know the rumors were that he wanted off Family Guy for years, and yet it's still going, he's still doing all the voices, and he's also still writing episodes. Ditto for American Dad.

According to IMDB, the only credit for an up and coming show that he has is for his Good Times reboot, which isn't even mentioned in that article and contradicts the article's claims that he wants to only do serious stuff. Oh, and under recent news on IMDB, it's revealed that Seth is working with the guys who just rebooted Halloween to reboot Smokey and the Bandit for TV. (Seth is Executive Producing). That's another show not mentioned in the article.

So I'm going to say that article is more clickbait than truth.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

He clearly hates it...
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by TheCatt »

2022? Damn. Guess I won't finish S1 and S2 yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Orville

Post by Leisher »