YouTube TV

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Deleting and reinstalling an app is a common fix. I had to do that with Plex a few times now.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

Comedy Central and other Viacom channels coming.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/21249 ... -streaming

Any guesses on the coming price hike?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Going to be honest, didn't even realize those were missing.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

I missed tosh and South Park when I.dropped DIRECTV for YouTube tv, but I quickly forgot they existed.

Is tosh still on?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Comedy Central and other Viacom channels coming.
Finally!
GORDON wrote: I missed tosh and South Park
I missed Tosh. South Park's new episodes come to Hulu the day after they air or something like that.

In related news, there is a lot of hubbub that Viacom might be getting purchased by Netflix.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Your base membership price will change on 08/13/2020.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Mine on 8/22 and the increase is $25.

Pretty sure this is goodbye YouTube TV for us.

Just looked and Hulu Live also had raised their prices. We're already approaching cable territory.

Fuck
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mine on 8/22 and the increase is $25.

Pretty sure this is goodbye YouTube TV for us.

Just looked and Hulu Live also had raised their prices. We're already approaching cable territory.

Fuck
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Exactly what I was saying back when "cutting the cord" was all the rage.

I'm going to sit down and add everything up. I still think cutting YouTube TV is going to be the cheapest route and we'll lose essentially nothing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Exactly what I was saying back when "cutting the cord" was all the rage.

I'm going to sit down and add everything up. I still think cutting YouTube TV is going to be the cheapest route and we'll lose essentially nothing.
I still cannot believe I don't get some discount for having almost every damned pay service Google offers.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Exactly what I was saying back when "cutting the cord" was all the rage.

I still cannot believe I don't get some discount for having almost every damned pay service Google offers.
It's almost like they don't give a fuck about you.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Pretty sure I'm dumping YouTubeTV in favor of Hulu Live soon.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 am Pretty sure I'm dumping YouTubeTV in favor of Hulu Live soon.
Why?
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

It started with just being tired of all the various streaming services we have.

I was looking at the packages YouTubeTV and Hulu Live offer and they're basically the same, in terms of channels. The biggest difference is number of people allowed to stream at the same time (2 screens - Not an issue as my kids NEVER use YouTubeTV.) and DVR storage (50 hours).

I already have YouTubeTV, but I also have the commercial free Hulu, just not Hulu Live. I also have Disney+, which is important because of the package deal Disney offers where you get Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ for $12.99/month.

Hulu without ads is $11.99/month. $18.99 for that bundle without ads. Hulu with ads + Live TV is $64.99. Hulu without ads + Live TV is $70.99.

YouTube TV is $64.99.

Now here's the kicker... You can bundle any Hulu option into that Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+ package. (They also have Spotify and Sprint, but I don't use those.) So you still get the bundle discount, which is $5.99.

Long story short, Hulu Live, Disney+, and ESPN+ as a bundle is $71.99/month. I know you can get the no ads option for Hulu as well, and that probably pushes the price to $77.99.

YouTube TV, Hulu no ads, and Disney+ right now is $83.97.

Kind of a no brainer... Such a no brainer that I'm calling now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Makes sense. We steal my parents' Disney TV subscription :)
Cakedaddy

YouTube TV

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cutting the cord is awesome. You save so much compared to what we used to pay for cable!!
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

I cut the cord a couple years back.

You don't save that much when you factor in internet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:57 pm Cutting the cord is awesome. You save so much compared to what we used to pay for cable!!
Well, it was true for a while.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

YouTubeTV cancelled.