YouTube TV

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

It also maintains that Google could require Roku to spend money upgrading microchips or other equipment in order to accommodate YouTube TV.
Reasonable, don't have shitty hardware, Roku.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Roku is arguing that YouTube and Google are out to manipulate the user experience to siphon data and tilt search results in YouTube’s favor, among other complaints.
Literally, the sentence prior to the one you quoted. Not reasonable, how about not being fucking scumbags by shifting things in your favor Google?
Google as a company has been the subject of growing antitrust scrutiny in the U.S. and Europe, a fact that Roku seized upon in its statement. Last fall, the U.S. Department of Justice and 11 state attorneys general filed a civil antitrust lawsuit. The complaint said it aims to stop Google from “unlawfully maintaining monopolies through anticompetitive and exclusionary practices in the search and search advertising markets.”
Fuck Google.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 am Not reasonable, how about not being fucking scumbags by shifting things in your favor Google?
They're trying to gather user data of their users.

Maybe not listening to Roku in their dispute.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:05 amFuck Google.
Whiny bitches can't compete.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:08 am Maybe not listening to Roku in their dispute.
Maybe not listening to Google? A company that hasn't exactly acted like a saint.

Fuck Google. Can't wait for the antitrust trial :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:32 pm
TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:08 am Maybe not listening to Roku in their dispute.
Maybe not listening to Google? A company that hasn't exactly acted like a saint.

Fuck Google. Can't wait for the antitrust trial :D
I HOPE GOOGLE KICKS YOUR ASS!
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

TLDR - Roku isn't going to let you install the app new, but if you already have it they're going to keep providing you YoutubeTV until Google sues them and/or changes the data stream and you can't update.
Dear Roku Customer,
We are disappointed to share the news that Google has chosen to let the YouTube TV contract expire.
While this news is unfortunate, we wanted to let you know that we are taking an extra step to ensure existing Roku users like yourself retain access to YouTube TV while we work to reach an agreement. We will always stand up for our users, which is why we cannot accept Google's unfair and anticompetitive requirements that would allow for the manipulation of your search results, impact the usage of your data and ultimately cost you more.
Our commitment is to always put your interests first and therefore we will continue to offer existing users access to YouTube TV unless Google takes actions that require the full removal of the channel. New subscribers will not be allowed at this time. It is also important that you do not delete the YouTube TV channel as it will not be available for download to Roku devices.
We remain committed to reaching a good-faith agreement with Google that preserves your access to YouTube TV, honors your desired search preferences and protects your data. We hope to update you soon.
Thank you, Roku
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

I love that one of the biggest complaints about cable TV, the battles between cable providers and content providers, has already shown up in the age of streaming.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:36 am I love that one of the biggest complaints about cable TV, the battles between cable providers and content providers, has already shown up in the age of streaming.
Remember those two years where streaming was great?
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

We welcome a renewed agreement provided we can reach equitable terms with Disney. However, if we are unable to reach a deal by Friday, the Disney-owned channels will no longer be available on YouTube TV starting December 17, and we will decrease our monthly price by $15, from $64.99 to $49.99 (while Disney content remains off of our platform).
I am 10000% fine with Disney never coming back.

Wait, does this include ESPN? If so, not happy.
Your local ABC channel
ABC News Live
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Freeform
FX
FXX
FXM
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3 (by authentication to the ESPN app)
ESPNU
ESPNEWS
SEC Network
ACC Network
friggity frick

I thought it was just the stupid Disney channels.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Those are all Disney channels.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:46 pm Those are all Disney channels.
I know. But I meant Disney, Jr, and XD. Those can diaf.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

I dig how YTTV is automatically reducing their subscription rate by $15.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:48 pm I dig how YTTV is automatically reducing their subscription rate by $15.
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:47 am
I blame Disney.
YouTube TV is just the first casualty.

Without those channels most services are fucked and will all be fighting over Gordon. Disney has ALL the leverage considering they own Hulu.
GORDON wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:48 pm I dig how YTTV is automatically reducing their subscription rate by $15.
They're being forced to do so because a LOT of people are going to quit their service now. Disney should further fuck them and match the price for people who leave YouTubeTV.

If I ran Google I'd wave the white flag and move to get into bed with Disney. Get Disney to use Google tech in all their products and tie YouTube (not the TV) subs into Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

I'd tell Disney to fuck itself, and then complain to Congress. :)
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:56 pm I'd tell Disney to fuck itself, and then complain to Congress. :)
You'd lose. All of the major providers, including Paramount, Netflix, Starz, etc. would be on Disney's side.

Congress can't force you to put your products in every store.