YouTube TV

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

No it didn't. I was in the middle of a live movie when it went out, then I watched other channels go out one by one until the entire app was dead.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

I got no email
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: No it didn't. I was in the middle of a live movie when it went out, then I watched other channels go out one by one until the entire app was dead.
Weird. It worked for me. I was watching sports.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

I heard sports went out first, peeps were pissed that some sort of big contest got cut off right in the middle or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Perhaps I got luckier being in Michigan?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Perhaps I got luckier being in Michigan?
You were due.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

I just went to put Tosh on the DVR and realized YoutubeTV doesn't have Comedy Central. Took me a while to miss it.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I just went to put Tosh on the DVR and realized YoutubeTV doesn't have Comedy Central. Took me a while to miss it.
Comedy Central is the only station I miss.

Fuck Viacom.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

With YouTube TV, am I supposed to have regular YouTube, without ads? Because I don't seem to have that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

That's extra. I thought you were on my family plan which would include that
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

I'm on my own plan, now. I didn't know there were tiers.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm on my own plan, now. I didn't know there were tiers.
Yeah, well, the REAL Steve H***** would be able to use it.
GORDON
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: That's extra. I thought you were on my family plan which would include that
Getting tired of the ads and I looked into upgrading my account to a "family plan"... doesn't exist. One has to have Youtube Premium, in addition to Youtube TV. $11 more a month.

I could have sworn there was a thing called "Youtube Red" that came with YTTV. But no, customer service told me I was wrong.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Access to YouTube Red shows came with YTTV, but not YouTube Red. Means even less now that YouTube Red content is going free.

I'm thinking I might switch to Hulu Live, and then buy YouTube Premium to get rid of the "every minute of video" ad rate YouTube has recently gone to.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

DVR portion is currently down, and live streaming to my AppleTV is down. Live TV works on the PC though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: DVR portion is currently down, and live streaming to my AppleTV is down. Live TV works on the PC though.
DVR worked fine on mine just now, went to stuff from earlier today and from a month ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

PC recording started working. Had to uninstall the app on the Apple TV and reinstall it to get it working.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

They just offered me Showtime for free through September 5th. They will not bill automatically at the end of the trial either.

Nice.
Leisher
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by Leisher »

Check your email if you're a subscriber.

They're offering you a Google Nest Hub for $49.99 (regularly $129.99).

I just ordered one. Might make a nice gift or something to resell.
TheCatt
Site Admin

YouTube TV

Post by TheCatt »

Won't be for resell, they are going routinely around $69. But not a bad idea for a gift.