General Star Wars News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
At this point, I am OK with that.
I suspect that's a pretty common feeling. How bad did you have to pooch it for that to happen?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I suspect that's a pretty common feeling. How bad did you have to pooch it for that to happen?
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking badly.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Vince wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking badly.
Right?

It'll be interesting to see where they go. They KNOW why fans are pissed and specifically what they're pissed about. Let's see if they address those issues or ignore it all and expect the fan base to stick around for the new trilogies.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

Equal rights!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Equal rights!
No one saw that movie but you.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

Someday you'll get it and be as annoyed as I was
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Someday you'll get it and be as annoyed as I was
Maybe... I mean, reviews have not been kind.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

It will be free on Plex, eventually, probably
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Maybe... I mean, reviews have not been kind.
Maybe... I mean, reviews have not been kind.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: It'll be interesting to see where they go. They KNOW why fans are pissed and specifically what they're pissed about. Let's see if they address those issues or ignore it all and expect the fan base to stick around for the new trilogies.
I'm betting the latter. I just really don't see a way to undo it. I think Lucas was smart to sell it for a bajillion dollars. He'll also be smart to stay far, far away from it unless it's strictly on a consulting basis. Be a concept guy only. Otherwise they'll try to dump its not working on him.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I just really don't see a way to undo it.
I already fixed it earlier in the thread. They just have to have the balls to do it.

Maybe irritate the casual fans who aren't core fans (meaning they don't buy your shit and they don't clamor to see your films) or embrace your core fans that do buy your shit and are there opening night for your films. Seems like a no brainer.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:I already fixed it earlier in the thread. They just have to have the balls to do it.

Maybe irritate the casual fans who aren't core fans (meaning they don't buy your shit and they don't clamor to see your films) or embrace your core fans that do buy your shit and are there opening night for your films. Seems like a no brainer.
This might mitigate some of the damage, but I don't think it will reset. Not even sure how much of the damage it will mitigate. You go to your once favorite restaurant and get food poisoning, you'll always carry that experience back in when you return (if you return).
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

This is a bit different than food poisoning.

I think an acknowledgement that they goofed up along with a course correction would be fine for most of the fans.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: This is a bit different than food poisoning.
Heh... reading some of the feedback and seeing some of the Youtube videos, it would seem more akin to having had Disney/Lucas kill someone's dog :-)
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

I mean, in a way they did.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Despite Disney's claims that everything is great with SW, it was leaked that a Tatooine movie is on hold.

This is notable because Disney claims no SW films are on hold.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

I read recently that the new animated series (forget what it's called) is not being too warmly received.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Here's an old article that is a great example of how delusional the Kathleen Kennedy enablers are, and clear evidence that they have put their own agendas in front of good story telling.

There is, literally, no other explanation for letting Rian Johnson completely ignore the plot threads George and JJ setup.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Here's another example of how the public gets spoon fed bullshit.

TLJ is the #1 selling Blu-Ray!!!

Yep, it's #1, but the numbers that actually count are bad.

TFA sold 3.4 million its first week on sale.
TLJ sold 1.8 million its first week on sale.

Ouch.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

I wonder if these numbers include rental copies?