General Star Wars News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Looking at what they have in the pipeline per IMDB, I find their claims of too full a schedule dubious. Gemini Man didn't exactly break any records. The Star Wars franchise is a dumpster fire. Who would have guessed that Star Wars could survive Jar-Jar, but not Disney?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, all the blame should be directed at Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger knows it.

Don't be surprised to see Kennedy "resign" after Ep 9.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

General Star Wars News

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: To be fair, all the blame should be directed at Kathleen Kennedy and Bob Iger knows it.

Don't be surprised to see Kennedy "resign" after Ep 9.
I would say most of the blame goes to Kennedy. Disney promoted her after Lucas left. And apparently no one checked in before they set the dumpster on fire to see if anyone over at Lucas had any idea of what they wanted to do for three movies. A parent company should do some level of... parenting. Let your kid discover who they are, but don't let them wander into a buzz saw. Disney was smoking crack from the Marvel profits or something while the kid set the living room on fire.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Disney has tried to find a replacement for her, but so far has been unsuccessful. Iger's feelings on the topic have gone very public.

Whether or not Kennedy ever had any sort of talent or even loyalty to the product remains unknown.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

The interwebs are a buzz about a power struggle going on at Disney. Iger hates Kathleen Kennedy and would love nothing more than to dump her, but he's had trouble finding someone who wants the job. Meanwhile, she continues pushing her SJW agenda and destroying SW in the process with the announcement of a new female centric SW series helmed by Harvey Weinstein's former assistant (for reals). I've no problem with a female centric series, but hiring the enabler of a sexual predator seems odd.

Anyway, enter Jon Favreau. Apparently, he and Kennedy are at odds because she's been behind every SW project to date, and they've all been different levels of failure, while he has been behind one and it was a monumental success. His concept is to remain true to the characters and tell a good story. Her's is to push an agenda.

I genuinely cannot fathom how nobody wants that job. I think Disney is probably being a bit too picky about who they hire. Star Wars needs its own Kevin Feige.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

"Movies with Mikey" made an interesting defense of KK. She's been the driving force behind a shitload of successful nerd culture. Just seems like she's going SJW over SW, for some reason.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: She's been the driving force behind a shitload of successful nerd culture.
Not lately.
GORDON wrote: Just seems like she's going SJW over SW, for some reason.
It could be argued on both points that she was only successful when working for someone else and within someone else's vision.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

She was one of the dancers in the opening of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

That isn't how she started. She was already a big executive producer of stuff. She just wanted to be in the scene.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Rumors have a reboot coming that will wipe away the new trilogy.

Long story short:
-Veil of the Force, from the series Star Wars Rebels, will be used as the deus ex machina.
-The key will be the Emperor's death at the end of Return, which the new trilogy had him survive.
-The new trilogy will be moved to an alternate timeline of events.
-Everyone is alive again and none of the bullshit from the new trilogy happened.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

That seems... like a large amount of change. But, it'd be nice.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

They need to do something because Kathleen Kennedy killed Star Wars and spit on its fans. Diminishing returns for each film, the toys aren't selling, tons of hate online, and I'm guessing the Star Wars experience they built at each park hasn't done as well as they hoped, particularly with C-19.

Time to do something drastic to save their franchise/investment/cash cow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9j7kLG7VK8

The only acceptable way to watch episodes 1-3
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux

General Star Wars News

Post by thibodeaux »

Didn't know he was an actor, even though he was in a movie with her stepdaughter 4 years earlier? Like, they're almost literally on a date.

Oh right she was probably high.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Disney knows the new trilogy sucked and is working hard to try and get the next movie "right".

I don't like how they keep claiming "don't focus on fan service". What fans were they focused on with that mess of a trilogy aside from woke people who don't care about Star Wars?
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Spot on.

Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Well deserved.

Cakedaddy

General Star Wars News

Post by Cakedaddy »

What does that mean?