General Star Wars News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

he's the one who decided fans didn't deserve more of the star wars they wanted, with the 8th movie, which led to them having to fix as much as possible in the 9th.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

He was given a new trilogy when he signed to do TLJ. He was going to write and direct. That is now apparently officially dead.

The backlash to his terrible writing on TLJ is most likely why.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

General Star Wars News

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ah. Thought maybe it meant the were redoing the last 3.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:03 am Ah. Thought maybe it meant the were redoing the last 3.
That IS an idea that has been discussed officially. From what I have been told, they would go back to RotJ to when Vader throws the Emperor over the railing and use that as a point where a separate timeline was created. That separate timeline would be the new, and horrible, trilogy. Thus, they have a point in time they could return to and "fix" the canon. So the new trilogy would still exist, but would no longer be canon.

Honestly, Kathleen Kennedy is suck an awful human being, and clearly terrible at running a studio. The new trilogy was already written and a huge fan favorite. They were the Timothy Zahn books, but "Hollywood knows best". Plus, she couldn't push her woke horseshit with that material. It's also fact that Lucas gave tons of notes about where the franchise was going in his mind and KK and her crew of malcontents threw them in the trash.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

I think KK just got old, her brain isnt as elastic and clever as it used to be, and she got fooled by the woke shit going on and backed the wrong horse.

Like all those studios did with 3D 10 years ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Old? Sure. However, she was never "the boss" before. She was always a producer.

And serious statement about the money behind Hollywood: If I'm them, I start seriously rethinking who is running studios and how their decision making works. "Woke" has been an absolute disaster. Nepotism is stagnating creativity. The audience is no longer as forgiving when you shit all over IPs. The streaming wars are costing an arm and a leg with no ROI to date. They're losing you money hand over fist. Really the only "success" being had is usually because they're, literally, the only entertainment option for people. (Although, video games have far surpassed movies/TV revenue now.) The wrong people are running the show...
GORDON
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by GORDON »

Accountants are running the show, and always have been.

The difference between now and the good old days:

Back in the day accountants didn't know shit about what the public liked , so they'd fund all kinds of artists because they didn't know what would be successful.

Now, the accounts think they are hip to what's good, so they only find according to the formula for what they think will pay off. And wow, they've been hearing a lot about this "woke" movement, whatever that is.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

That is my favorite thing from the internet today.
thibodeaux

General Star Wars News

Post by thibodeaux »

“Wow”
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:58 pm“Wow”
:)
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

That's kind of awesome.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:35 pm That's kind of awesome.
Seriously, it was pitch perfect on both Wes + Star Wars.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by TheCatt »

Man, whole lotta butthurt in that thread. Waaaaaaaah
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

I will admit that during the video I was thinking, "This isn't a Wes Anderson film because Owen Wilson's not...oh, there he is..."
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

She wasn't listening...
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

Just in case you thought Disney had learned their lesson, the director for the next SW film has been announced.

A woke woman of color. What a shock. And she'll be trying to save the franchise using a Mary Sue that the core audience has already rejected.

Did Disney completely forget why they bought Marvel and Star Wars? It was so they could capture the other half of the market that their existing lineup didn't appeal to: Males. Maybe stop trying to make these franchises female centric? Women aren't going to show up to watch superheros or Sci-Fi is massive numbers. That's been proven multiple times over.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Star Wars News

Post by Leisher »

The backlash for the new Rey movie and its director has caused it to be indefinitely delayed.

You want fans to give you another chance Disney? Here's what you do:
1. Fire Kathleen Kennedy.
2. Hire someone to be the Kevin Feige of Star Wars.
3. Have that person's first interview openly admit and discuss what a terrible job Disney has done with the franchise.
4. Erase the Rey trilogy from canon.
thibodeaux

General Star Wars News

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:05 pm You want fans to give you another chance Disney? Here's what you do:
Wrong. You put a chick in it, and make her lame and gay.