Black Mirror - Yay! Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: So what happened with the sniper.
"sniper"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The chick sniping the dude in the car, with the hostage. Seemed like a really bad shot, but she took it anyway.

I think the moral of the story is... life goes on, and no one cares. Literally everyone involved with the situation went on with their lives without pause, and nothing changed. That we saw. Because we don't know what happened with the sniper.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's an interesting take. I'd have to watch it over to agree or disagree.

If my memory is correct, I thought it was a statement about how corporations and their technology are taking all the power away from everyone else. They were shown to have more power than the authorities and it resulted in someone being killed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's an interesting take. I'd have to watch it over to agree or disagree.

If my memory is correct, I thought it was a statement about how corporations and their technology are taking all the power away from everyone else. They were shown to have more power than the authorities and it resulted in someone being killed.
With the additional notion of it exceeding the scope of the creator, and being out of his control, with an undercurrent of just wait until AI takes over those companies.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm assuming this is Boston Dynamics, but it looks like Black Mirror S4Ep5.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Quick - Send them to the Ukraine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Season 6 - This summer June 2023
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It has been a loooong time since I was excited to watch something on Netflix.