Daredevil - The TV Shows

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
GORDON
Site Admin

Daredevil - The TV Shows

Post by GORDON »

Damn, this show is awesome!

I love how fleshed out Marvel's universe is getting. This is a good addition to it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher said:
Quite simply and to the point, this show is fucking awesome.

This show has been out 8 days now and has been rated by over 33,000 people on IMDB for a 9.3/10 score. It's got a 97% rating Rotten Tomatoes. To say that folks are loving it is an understatement.

It's amazing what can be done when you let the creators guide their properties and do so using established rules and canon. Hollywood should be learning a lot from Marvel, but you know they aren't.

Back to the review, the 13 episode first season is an origin story. Not just for Daredevil either. Kingpin is also introduced, and let me tell you, Vincent D'Onofrio deserves an Emmy. I say that while having some apprehension about inconsistencies in Wilson Fisk's character. Of course, this could just be because it's season 1 and...well, let's just say there's more evolution that needs to happen.

The cast is just awesome. I already mentioned D'Onofrio, but everyone is brilliantly cast and brings their A+ game. Specials nods from me for Vondie Curtis-Hall, Toby Leonard Moore, and Ayelet Zurer. All three are fantastic, and their characters are just so well done.

The show ties into the Marvel movie universe and there are nods to events from The Avengers, but nobody from any other properties drops in, which is a good thing. That's Daredevil. He's never spent a lot of time in space or fighting Dr. Doom in Latveria. He's always in Hell's Kitchen fighting the good fight and occasionally teaming up with the likes of Spider-Man, Wolverine, Elektra, The Punisher, etc.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist now along with the next season of Daredevil.

Highly recommended.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And then later I said:
Second episode even better than the first.

It felt like the episode "33" from Battlestar Galactica, going off the formula in the second episode.

And the hallway fight at the end.... tres Oldboy. Did you notice it was about 5 minutes of no camera cuts for entire fight?

I am instantly a Matt Murdock fan, and I hated that Afflek movie.

And then Vince started a big gay derail.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Don't make me come in this thread.

Umm...
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:And then later I said:
Second episode even better than the first.

It felt like the episode "33" from Battlestar Galactica, going off the formula in the second episode.

And the hallway fight at the end.... tres Oldboy. Did you notice it was about 5 minutes of no camera cuts for entire fight?

I am instantly a Matt Murdock fan, and I hated that Afflek movie.

And then Vince started a big gay derail.

What's this about big, gay Al?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So hmmmm.

This show shows us subtle suggestions that Matt Murdock has some powers.... he basically must have echolocation in order to do the things he does. His shit is just beyond human ability.

And at the same time, Director Coulson of Shield.... and Hydra... are both scouring the planet for people with powers.

Wouldn't it be interesting if they found Matt.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I watched ep 3 over lunch today.

I realized this show was very heavy on the characters and the story, and there's actually very little superhero shit ever going on. Ep 3 was a courtroom procedural, for the most part.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've never seen a villain like this guy.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He deserves an Emmy doesn't he? Fucking awesome performance.

Everyone here should be watching this show.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm only on episode 5, I am consuming it slowly and savoring it. I am excited I have like 7 more episodes to go.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:He deserves an Emmy doesn't he? Fucking awesome performance.

Everyone here should be watching this show.

If he doesn't win an Emmy for that performance, it is a crime.

I only have the last episode to go.

Edited By GORDON on 1430752755
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kevin Smith talked about watching this series. He's a fan, which means something given his status as a former Daredevil writer.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote:I've never seen a villain like this guy.
Just want to say this again.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This season has been very much about fathers.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you haven't watched it yet, you're seriously missing out.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Looking forward to it being somewhere other than Netflix.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You made me wonder if it would go elsewhere, and Orange is the New Black, a Netflix exclusive, is on Blu-Ray and DVD, so Daredevil should get the same treatment.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:You made me wonder if it would go elsewhere, and Orange is the New Black, a Netflix exclusive, is on Blu-Ray and DVD, so Daredevil should get the same treatment.
I didn't know that... if I see a DD bluray at a good price point I'll buy it just to add it to my Marvel shelf.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »