Netflix

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

I wonder if Amazon, Disney, or Discovery are debating buying Netflix if the stock continues to drop?

Might be a really solid move. All of them could use the content.

Stranger Things is probably the most interesting IP in the purchase, which you would think Disney would be in the best position to turn into money.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

NFLX still has a $100Bn market cap. Almost half of Disney. Only 10% of Amazon's though.

Discovery networks is 25% of NFLX.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

So merger over a buyout?

I expect if these subscribers do quit, we'll see Netflix's value continue to plummet.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:36 pm So merger over a buyout?

I expect if these subscribers do quit, we'll see Netflix's value continue to plummet.
Some kind of partnership/merger would make sense for Netflix. They're no Disney.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

I'm guessing the reason Cavil quit Witcher?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:01 pm I'm guessing the reason Cavil quit Witcher?
Yes. I posted about it in the Witcher thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Ending password sharing has sent subscriptions soaring.

If you were hoping for a backlash, there will be one, against us...

You can fully expect all the other streamers to follow suit now that this has been successful.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:25 pm You can fully expect all the other streamers to follow suit now that this has been successful.
Yeah. :(
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

As a contrarian, this means I'll not be making my own account when ours blows up. Bummer , I was gonna.
GORDON
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by GORDON »

I've seen more than one "Netflix resubscribed me without my permission" claims. I wonder if that is the cause of the inflated subscription numbers.... most people won't notice it right away.

Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 2:56 pm I've seen more than one "Netflix resubscribed me without my permission" claims. I wonder if that is the cause of the inflated subscription numbers.... most people won't notice it right away.
Netflix is not unique in being a company that charges people without their permission. This shit will continue forever as long as our bought and paid for government refuses to penalize them more than what they make doing these illegal acts. Additionally, as long as they refuse to criminally prosecute the executives who decide the break the law in the name of profits.
Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by Leisher »

Raises prices again.

$22.99/month for their ad free premium tier, but still under $10 for the ad supported tiers says a lot about what advertisers are paying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

I hope Tmobile increases their reimbursement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Netflix

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am I hope Tmobile increases their reimbursement.
They actually reduced their reimbursement. Fun. Its like almost nothing now.