[Adult Swim] - Rick and Morty

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I believe it was the sperm one, yes. It was fine, but not on par with the rest of the season.

This week's episode was funny, but there's a really interesting line dropped that I think a lot of people might have missed. Maybe I don't remember something about the cast's history, but it's significant.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

This season has been a lot of callbacks, and the last episode has been a lot of back story.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They definitely implied that Rick vs The President is going to be a tradition, which I'm fine with. Their first episode is easily one of the funniest of any show ever made.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:48 pm One of those two things is true, but it's worth it.
OK, that was my favorite of the season.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's been a really strong season.

I credit the long delays between them and the low episode orders. I think it really gives them time to dream up insane shit and good jokes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

After an odd break the season finale is this Sunday?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Two episodes right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Honestly not sure. Tried going to the Adult Swim site to see, but wow does that site suck.

Also, the link I grabbed appears to have code that did not need the Twitter tag?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 am Honestly not sure. Tried going to the Adult Swim site to see, but wow does that site suck.
IMDB tells me 2 eps.
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:31 am Also, the link I grabbed appears to have code that did not need the Twitter tag?
The board doesn't love it when the query string (? and everything after it) is there. Fixed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I love that someone thought that up, and that Doc Brown did that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Crows, eh.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I wondered how they were going to do that. Not the best episode, but a necessary one.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I really enjoyed S6E01, very classic Rick + Morty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This was unexpected. The next season starts Sunday, November 20th.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I wonder how they were able to license a Pink Floyd song. I heard that was hard to do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They probably licensed it from a dimension where it's easier.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Masterstroke.