General Marvel Movie & TV Show News

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

People in LA bought this billboard or something.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Nah, we had enough of his character.

Their problem will be if the kids they replace him with can't carry a franchise like he did. And they wont.

We were lucky to have seen two major-life-event franchises come in our lifetimes, Lord of the Rings, and these. I don't see any others on the horizon.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by TheCatt »

What happens 4/24?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:12 pm Their problem will be if the kids they replace him with can't carry a franchise like he did. And they wont.
Tom Holland/Spider-Man absolutely can, but Sony will need to pull their head firmly out of their ass to make it happen.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:37 pm What happens 4/24?
No idea.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 pm Because the people running Marvel comics right now are doing ANYTHING they can to boost sagging sales, Captain America has been a HYrda agent all along.

Just fucking stupid.
And he actually said it in a movie!

Is there not a Spiderverse thread? Search only found this thread.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:12 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed May 25, 2016 1:53 pm Because the people running Marvel comics right now are doing ANYTHING they can to boost sagging sales, Captain America has been a HYrda agent all along.

Just fucking stupid.
And he actually said it in a movie!

Is there not a Spiderverse thread? Search only found this thread.
In the books he was a different Steve Rogers or a clone or something. I didn't read it, but I know that's how it broke down because the actual Cap came back to beat him.

And I do think there was a Spiderverse thread, but I have no idea what it was called.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Rumor out there is that Zack Snyder and Marvel might be in talks over rebooting Ghost Rider.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

"Agents of SHIELD" had a good Ghost Rider.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Phase 4

GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

I read the other day that the reason Dr. Strange didn't show up in Wandavision, as it had been intended, is that they didn't want to have a white male swooping in at the end to fix things.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’”
Except that it would have tied it in to the broader, established universe, and make a ton of sense, since Chaos Magic was his thing.

But nah, can't have a white guy. They're just the worst.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 pm Except that it would have tied it in to the broader, established universe, and make a ton of sense, since Chaos Magic was his thing.
Chaos magic is not his thing. Scarlet Witch is something completely different. Just sayin'
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Some youtube pundit said that was his specialty. My bad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

No worries. People do need to stop with the hating on whitey. He doesn't realize it, but he just admitted to partially cutting a character because of the color of his skin and what's between his legs. I get what he was saying and his intent, but if he had said the same thing about a character of any other race, Feige would be fired.

Anyway, Strange's powers are magic based, but he's the Sorcerer Supreme of the "disciplined magics". He has dabbled in chaos magic in a storyline in the 90s, but it's not his thing. In fact, during a storyline I have mentioned previously where Scarlet Witch loses her mind, he's essentially useless against her. She is way beyond his power level. She could have defeated Thanos during End Game, but she didn't know it yet.

If Marvel ever makes a "House of M" movie where she loses her mind, I'm all in. She barely makes an effort in that story, yet is able to kill half the Avengers, bring people back to life, alter the entire timeline, etc.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Strong agree
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

He makes some good points, but also glosses over other stuff that doesn't quite fit his argument.

However, I absolutely agree that Phase 4 is going to be forgotten once Phase 5 and the mutants arrive.
GORDON
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by GORDON »

Strong Female Protagonist
Leisher
Site Admin

Marvel Movies

Post by Leisher »

Bautista hanging up his Drax boots.

Seems he's coming to the realization that being in his 50s, maintaining that physique is getting harder and harder.
thibodeaux

Marvel Movies

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:15 pm Seems he's coming to the realization that being in his 50s, maintaining that physique is getting harder and harder.
Wimp