The Witcher

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:24 am You know, I have watched episode 2..... and it felt very much like a different show already. It gets worse?
Missed this. Yes, totally agree. It’s because episode 1 was based a short story and told very close to that storyline. It’s just all downhill after. The rest should be based the book “Blood of Elves” but they go in some bizarre “fan fic” style directions with it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

I saw Cavhill (sp?) gave an interview where he essentially took at shot at this season by saying he hopes S3 sticks more to the books.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

Have thought about what a book canon Season 2 should have looked like.

Picturing a fairly straightforward "Welcome to Witcher Hogwarts"

Ciri meets Professors Vesemir, Triss, and Yennefer. Everyone is a careful, competent, and responsible adult who creates a second family for Ciri. A deadly buffer to the outside world.

Ciri trains for 2 years in the snow. Getting her ass beat by the Witcher training methods but hungrily. Interweaver Jaskier and some dangerous Sherlock Holmes style missions with Geralt as he runs counter to the fire mage. An "who is the real bad guy", mystery novel. A struggle over intelligence of true parties - White Flame for example is
Ciri's Dad - revealed many seasons early but a good reveal, you can't have a character speak for multiple seasons without revealing his face like a book
Outside of the main flow, in the background the struggle of Elf and Dwarf rebels, them unifying and organizing. Pretty much it.

all this the new Elf stuff is DARK, possibly cribbed from the bible.
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

I liked S2, but my expectations were super lower after reading about it. So it mostly exceeded expectations.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

Huge Witcher fan Cavill leaves Witcher and Liam Hemsworth will replace him.

Twitter and YouTube are all a buzz that Cavill was sick of the writers shitting all over the IP. There's even word out there that some of them actively hated the source material.

I'm so fucking fed up with entitled POS Hollywood writers destroying IPs and thinking they can do it better. If that's the case, then go make your own you fucks. Then you can retire uber rich while some new asshats destroy your IP.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »