The Witcher

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

NC 17 or death.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The Sean Daniel Company, which previously produced The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, “The Expanse,” and the upcoming remake of Ben-Hur. They will co-produce the Witcher movie with Platige Films.

Strike 1.

Thania St. John (“Grimm,” “Chicago Fire”) will pen the script

Strike 2.

Starting off in the hole, deep.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

Henry Cavill (Superman) will play Geralt.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

Witcher fans in an uproar over a rumor that they are searching for a minority to play Ciri.

The Witcher is set in Scandinavian mythology. Not a lot of black folks running around in the snow...
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Meh
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

White people get cast as white people.

I promise you somewhere this decision is being blasted as a loss for civil rights, race relations, humanity, the environment, etc.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I promise you somewhere this decision is being blasted as a loss for civil rights, race relations, humanity, the environment, etc.
I tell you what is causing issues, half black actor casts self in all-black role.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I promise you somewhere this decision is being blasted as a loss for civil rights, race relations, humanity, the environment, etc.
I tell you what is causing issues, half black actor casts self in all-black role.
OMG, the irony is so fucking delicious.

Fuck you racist motherfuckers who called fans of existing IPs racist just because they wanted the actor to look like the IP/legend!!!! How's that shit taste?!?!

This, legit, made my day.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

After beating Witcher 3 I now get the outrage about Cavill's teaser for the show. He looks terrible and nothing like Geralt.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

Showrunner wants to remind you that this show isn't for kids.

Really? A show on a pay channel staring an emotionless mutant killer who hunts monsters and bangs countless women that takes place in a world full of horrors isn't for kids?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Showrunner wants to remind you that this show isn't for kids.

Really? A show on a pay channel staring an emotionless mutant killer who hunts monsters and bangs countless women that takes place in a world full of horrors isn't for kids?
But it's based on a video game, Leisher?!?!?
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:

No sir.

The video game and this show are based on books.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:

No sir.

The video game and this show are based on books.
I know. It was a joke, since so few people know about the books. And people just assume video game = kids ok.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

I did not catch the sarcasm, apologies. I agree with your other comment.

People are stupid. I always think about Gordon's South Park movie experience when stuff toys around the "uneducated consumers" line. If you're never heard it, I'll let him tell it. It's his story.

Bill Maher recently gave a monologue trashing every single person who is a fan of comics and comic movies. Nevermind that he was in Iron Man 3. Anyway, he told them all to grow up. This is from a far left liberal (you're not supposed to be liberal when you're older) who dates women way younger than him, refuses to settle down, and who has a drug problem. Not to mention he's also a massive sports fan, and it's very simple to equate sports to being a child. So, whatever you say Peter Pan!

There are comics, video games, and cartoons geared towards children, but at least 50% of each of those markets are geared towards adults. It's ok to be ignorant of that, it's not ok to make assumptions that your ignorance trumps actual facts.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

I put extra punctuation to show sa casm
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/TejHDIn-NGQ
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

I like that and it increases my likelihood of watching the show.