The Witcher

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Rewatching Season 1 with my wife. It's really a great show, those kinda fizzles out in the very end as it sets up future stories.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:57 pm Season 2 December 17th
I;m in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm Started the books. Good, and different in a few ways to the show, like GoT
Just started the books as well, so far I like the show better.
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm
Troy wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm Started the books. Good, and different in a few ways to the show, like GoT
I didn't finish the series. They kind of peter out in my interest level.

Wish they would make a Witcher online game, where you could murder each other and fight over monster loot and it's all a big analogy to how players are the real monsters. But I get to kill people and take their stuff too.
Last edited by Troy on Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm
I didn't finish the series. They kind of peter out in my interest level. I mean, the GAMES did that too...

Wish they would make a Witcher online game, where you could murder each other and fight over monster loot and it's all a big analogy to how players are the real monsters. But I get to kill people and take their stuff too.
and boobs
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:28 pm
Troy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm
TheCatt wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:22 pm Just started the books as well, so far I like the show better.
I didn't finish the series. They kind of peter out in my interest level. I mean, the GAMES did that too...

and boobs
Always boobs.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by Leisher »

Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

Season 2 out. Good stuff - 2 eps in and they are keeping it tight to the book storyline so far. I think. I only made it ~5 books in, like wheel of time.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by GORDON »

Geez ton of shows just restarted
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:52 pm Geez ton of shows just restarted
Pandemic blackout over.
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

Troy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:35 am Season 2 out. Good stuff - 2 eps in and they are keeping it tight to the book storyline so far.
Update: yeah, not so much past-Troy

Once the the first few episodes are over it goes very different from the books. Biggest I noticed is that book-Yennefer is in Ciri's corner from the moment she sees her at the Temple. Basically wants to be Ciri's adopted mom from that point. Instead we get ... yeah.
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

Show writers… what the fuck??!!!???!!!’nbbbmfndjdj

What is even happening here????
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

It’s just not good.

Chef wants to make a great dish. Has a great recipe, great ingredients, and customers lined up to eat. Follows directions in the first few lines: “boil water” but that’s as good as it gets. Congrats on this shit sandwich you’ve created. It was supposed to be good. What the fuck.
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by GORDON »

You know, I have watched episode 2..... and it felt very much like a different show already. It gets worse?
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:54 am It’s just not good.

Chef wants to make a great dish. Has a great recipe, great ingredients, and customers lined up to eat. Follows directions in the first few lines: “boil water” but that’s as good as it gets. Congrats on this shit sandwich you’ve created. It was supposed to be good. What the fuck.
boobs?
Troy

The Witcher

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:26 am

boobs?
None notable that I recall. Only earned the R rating as far as I can tell because of some very flinch worthy human kills and mutilation towards the last few eps.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by TheCatt »

:(
GORDON
Site Admin

The Witcher

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:26 am

boobs?
Ep 2 had some brief boobs.