The next James Bond

As long as we recognize Lucas is washed up and most TV sucks, we'll all get along fine.
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

I think America really wants Bond to be transgender.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by GORDON »

And if you dont agree then you are a subhuman homophobic piece of shit and your opinion isnt worth listening to.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

Idris Elba is the odds on favorite.

It's what America wants... :D I mean, you can't just go and create a new spy series where the character has his or her own backstory that fits their sexuality, look, personality, etc. *cough*JasonBourneJackReacherEvelynSaltAustin PowersHarryHartBryanMillsHarryTaskerJohnMasonJackRyanEthanHuntEggsybutIdigress...*cough*

Actually, I like this move. I don't really care about changing the color of an established character's skin (if it works in the character's story and isn't just to be PC or try and attract a different audience). I dig Elba's work. I also like the idea of Bond being more of a cover for MI5's top agent, which is NOT canon, but could be used to easily explain the different actors playing him or her.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Idris Elba is the odds on favorite.

It's what America wants... :D I mean, you can't just go and create a new spy series where the character has his or her own backstory that fits their sexuality, look, personality, etc. *cough*JasonBourneJackReacherEvelynSaltAustin PowersHarryHartBryanMillsHarryTaskerJohnMasonJackRyanEthanHuntEggsybutIdigress...*cough*

Actually, I like this move. I don't really care about changing the color of an established character's skin (if it works in the character's story and isn't just to be PC or try and attract a different audience). I dig Elba's work. I also like the idea of Bond being more of a cover for MI5's top agent, which is NOT canon, but could be used to easily explain the different actors playing him or her.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

Producers wanted Danny Boyle to kill Daniel Craig's Bond.
“It would also leave it open for a twist in the next instalment — either Bond hadn’t died or there could be a Doctor Who-esque regeneration with a new actor.
Uh, you already have that...

It sucks when people who don't understand an IP have the rights to it.
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by TheCatt »

I did not realize that Bodyguard guy was Robb Stark.

But the next 007 will be a black woman.

Q the whining.
Vince

The next James Bond

Post by Vince »

I think we're starting to see some sort of weird bet hedging from Hollywood and their looking for intersectionality victimhood cover. In the last week or so people around the new Terminator movie have been tweeting about how sexists don't like seeing a strong female in the movies, ignoring the central female protagonists in most of the series. It makes me suspect that they're getting negative reviews from test audiences and they're trying to set the stage to make it someone else's fault.

Now it seems like they're trying to bake the escape hatch into the cake now.
‘There are spectacular chase sequences and fights, and Bond is still Bond but he’s having to learn to deal with the world of #MeToo.’
If this sucks, this will be why. Not because they designated a black woman as 007.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: But the next 007 will be a black woman.

Q the whining.
Why? She's not Jane Bond, she's just taking his agent number after he retires. This is a new character. Who gives a fuck what skin color they have or what they have between their legs?
GORDON
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by GORDON »

Old 007: but how.can she be James Bond? That's a man's name.
M: you're so old fashioned and sexist. That's the problem with white men. Look at you assuming her gender.

Because that's what Britain wants.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:

Q the whining.
Why? She's not Jane Bond, she's just taking his agent number after he retires. This is a new character. Who gives a fuck what skin color they have or what they have between their legs?
I'm sure someone cares.

But I like the approach of having both characters, at least for a transition period.
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:

Q the whining.
I'm sure someone cares.

But I like the approach of having both characters, at least for a transition period.
Somewhere someone probably does care, but fuck them. They're racist and/or sexist. I don't say that with sarcasm either. This women is NOT James Bond. This is an entirely new character, so if you're butt hurt over this it can ONLY be because of your bigotry. If she was the new James Bond, I'd be more willing to hear people's complaints.

I also like the transition thing.
GORDON wrote: Old 007: but how.can she be James Bond? That's a man's name.
M: you're so old fashioned and sexist. That's the problem with white men. Look at you assuming her gender.

Because that's what Britain wants.
I laughed.

Can we just agree that all roles should go to minorities, preferably LGBTQ minorities?

I wonder if they have diversity issues like this in Bollywood or the Chinese cinema. Not a lot of black folks in The Wandering Earth.
GORDON
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by GORDON »

Ok, so "No Time to Die."

Craig was back, and this is the last one.

This is a James Bond film. If you are looking for a James Bond film, this is one.

Craig has made... 4 films? I think he has retired 5 times through the course of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by GORDON »

Craig's run established that "James Bond" isn't just a title, and he died. So technically there can be no more "James Bonds" unless they erase the last 5 movies from canon, and do a proper reboot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:19 am Craig's run established that "James Bond" isn't just a title, and he died. So technically there can be no more "James Bonds" unless they erase the last 5 movies from canon, and do a proper reboot.
He died? Spoiler alert.
GORDON
Site Admin

The next James Bond

Post by GORDON »

It's years old. Past spoiler rules.
thibodeaux

The next James Bond

Post by thibodeaux »

They really shouldn't have kept bringing Bond into the present day, but this is a problem with our culture: milk every last drop of cash out of every IP. Sure, beloved heroes have stayed around for a long time: Achilles, King Arthur, Robin Hood, whatever. But they're not constantly brought into the present (imagine Achilles fighting off the Turks or Robin Hood sending a clothyard shaft through the Kaiser's heart :roll: )

When Mad Men was hot, I felt like there was a golden opportunity for the Bond franchise to just make movies set in the 60s. Having Bond set in the 21st century ruins his backstory: he was a WWII commando for crying out loud.