Metallica

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Damn, that's another blemish on that band's legacy. They haven't put out a decent album in 18 fucking years. Technically 20 because Reload was supposed to be part of Load.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oh horse pussy.

Load, Reload, Garage Inc, and S&M were all good albums and within the last twenty years.

St. Anger sucked, as did Lulu, although I'll give them credit for doing something off beat and artistic with Lulu.

Death Magnetic wasn't horrible. Wasn't great, but wasn't horrible. It has two very solid songs on it. (Unforgiven III and The Day That Never Comes)

I give them credit for doing far more than other aging rock bands like The Stones, Van Halen, KISS, everything involving Axl Rose, and AC/DC, among others.

And the new album may suck, but calling it a blemish before you've heard a single detail, let alone a track?

Edited By Leisher on 1444749354
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Load, Reload, Garage Inc, and S&M were all good albums and within the last twenty years.

Load and Reload were supposed to be released as a double, but they spread it out. Reload was 1998. Even S&M, which is a live album, was in '99. They're pushing a decade and a half without anything solid.

Death Magnetic wasn't horrible. Wasn't great, but wasn't horrible.

Only compared to the travesty that was St. Anger. I heard one listenable single from that album that kind of sounded like Metallica.

I give them credit for doing far more than other aging rock bands like The Stones, Van Halen, KISS, everything involving Axl Rose, and AC/DC, among others.

Axl's just a dick, so I'm booting him from that list. He also is notorious for having a stack of songs he's never going to release. As for all the others, there are very, very few artists that continue to put out compelling tunes their entire career. The Stones might stretch that out more than others, but Van Halen and KISS haven't put out anything worth listening to since their respective heydays. AC/DC has released the same album 20 times, each with the same 12-15 songs. I'm not giving them props for doing "more" if it sucks.

Edited By Malcolm on 1444749746
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The last good KISS album came out in 1999 (8?). Psycho Circus, their big reunion studio album. Some of their best, and worst, songs on there. Now they already had another album in the can with the better lineup that eventually got released as "Carnival of Souls: The Final Sessions." That wasn't just a good KISS album, that was a good album for anybody, but they went after the reunion money and screwed up the rest of their legacy by replacing Bruce and Eric with Ace and Peter. Stupid.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Will be playing the first concert at the new Vikings place, US Bank Stadium. That'll put concerts from three of the four major thrash metal bands under my belt.

Edited By Malcolm on 1458271299
TheCatt
Site Admin

Metallica

Post by TheCatt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EOHKfoDyrI

More than you ever wanted to know about Master of Puppets.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Metallica

Post by GORDON »

313426146_487989000038735_4974902519270615138_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
thibodeaux

Metallica

Post by thibodeaux »

Comedy gold: