GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

George Lucas?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:George Lucas?

Lance Armstrong. Prince. A-Hole-Rod. Tiger Woods.

Edited By Malcolm on 1441036470
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Kanye West - making Donald Trump look a legit presidential candidate since 2015.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

George Lucas?

Nah. George just admired his art.

Lance Armstrong. Prince. A-Hole-Rod. Tiger Woods.

None of those people are even in the same realm as Kanye.

Prince is close, and while he's crazy, he's also apparently generous.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Prince is close, and while he's crazy...

Kanye hasn't demanded exotic animals be delivered to his mansion in the middle of the goddamn frozen northern wastes. He did marry one, though.

Edited By Malcolm on 1441040716
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

On second thought, I think George Lucas eventually figured out everyone hated him since he eventually sold off Lucasarts. It's like in 2013 he got internet for the first time and Googled himself and was like, "Wha?"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Fuck it, Kanye's got my vote :)
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote:Fuck it, Kanye's got my vote :)
He told the audience that if they are wondering "Did he smoke something before he came out here," then "the answer is 'Yes, I rolled up a little something. I knocked the edge off.'"

I'm listening.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Kanye hasn't demanded exotic animals be delivered to his mansion in the middle of the goddamn frozen northern wastes. He did marry one, though.
That's just crazy and out of touch, that's not an ego thing.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
Where does ego stop and crazy begin?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Malcolm wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Malcolm wrote: Kanye hasn't demanded exotic animals be delivered to his mansion in the middle of the goddamn frozen northern wastes. He did marry one, though.
Where does ego stop and crazy begin?
The example you cited is not even remotely as gray as you're implying.

Ego is telling people you're a creative genius, comparing yourself to Jesus, thinking the American people want you as president, thinking you have the right to interrupt two separate awards ceremonies, etc.

Prince is just crazy out of touch. Sure he has an ego, but Kanye is in a world other realm of ego.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Is there a difference between being egotistical... and being an egotistical ass?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:Is there a difference between being egotistical... and being an egotistical ass?
Absolutely.

Every single top athlete, performer, etc. HAS to have an ego. They have to believe in themselves more than the other folks who were vying for the position they hold.

However, that massive ego doesn't mean you have to treat other people like shit or believe you're a superior person. You just have to believe you're better at that thing you do.

Follow me?

So for example:
Johnny Depp has a huge ego. Yet he does work at children's hospitals and pays restaurant staff thousands in tips because he inconveniences them.

Alec Baldwin has a massive ego and he refuses to turn off Words With Friends on a flight because he thinks he's genuinely above all others.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

So for example:
Johnny Depp has a huge ego. Yet he does work at children's hospitals and pays restaurant staff thousands in tips because he inconveniences them.

Alec Baldwin has a massive ego and he refuses to turn off Words With Friends on a flight because he thinks he's genuinely above all others.

Money makes it possible to do many crazy things. I bet millionaire Malcolm would probably tip well, too. Alec can do that because he can buy another ticket and not care. My theory is he's got a cloning machine that's supposed to churn out copies of him, but it gets a bit less precise each time, so the return on investment decreases.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He was arrested.

Also, asking for a giraffe in Minnesota in the middle of winter was about Prince not understanding why that's a ridiculous request. Not turning off a video game just makes you a complete cunt. Let me know when we hear Prince calling his daughter a pig.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dumb and Dumber named their newest spawn "Saint".

Twitter called that shit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

First he tweeted "Bill Cosby innocent!".

Then he revealed over the weekend that he's $53 million in debt.

Now he's asking Mark Zuckerberg to give him a handout.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What a buffoon. Thanks for the laughs, Kanye, you idiot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:First he tweeted "Bill Cosby innocent!".

Then he revealed over the weekend that he's $53 million in debt.

Now he's asking Mark Zuckerberg to give him a handout.
He has $53 million of debt, he's not $53 million in debt. The latter implies he has no assets. He has substantial assets.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

West, on Sunday morning, asked Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to invest $1 billion in his ideas because he is "the greatest living artist and the greatest artist of all time."

That's an investment. Totally different than handout.

West, who's married to reality TV star Kim Kardashian, has been putting tens of millions into his fashion label. According to Business Insider, his latest clothing line is selling high-end coats and jackets for as much as $3,000 to $4,000. The Kanye sweatpants alone cost $510.

In a 2015 interview with BET, the controversial rapper said he incurred $16 million in debt from his fashion business.

"I was trying to play a sport that's a billionaire sport. It's not a millionaire sport and I'm proud of the debt," he boasted.