taylor swift

Audio Tawk
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I'm glad my kids like indy metal bands that play 1000 person small venue shows for $35 per ticket.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

I'm thinking of taking mine to see her just for the 1 in 1 trillion chance that we meet her. Because if that happens there's a 1 in 2 chance she falls in love with me and then I'm on easy street.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:40 am Did you do the whole pre-register thing last week?
Yes.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Did you log in late?

My oldest stayed home to try and get tickets, but Ticketmaster crashed on her and she couldn't get back in.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:22 am Did you log in late?
Nope. It was random. We never got to login this morning because we were not selected for it.
Due to historic demand for Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour, you are currently on the waitlist.

Should additional tickets become available for the TaylorSwiftTix Presale powered by Verified Fan, registrants will be randomly selected to move off the waitlist and notified via text message.

Thank you for understanding as we work to accommodate this unprecedented demand.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

That sucks. She has been adding more and more dates, so hopefully she adds another in your area. I'm sure your girls want to see her.

I have grown to respect the hell out of Taylor Swift. She knows her audience, sends nothing but positivity, has no scandals, and writes all her own stuff.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

It's hard to defeat the resellers with the computers buying 5000 tickets in the first second.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:34 am That sucks. She has been adding more and more dates, so hopefully she adds another in your area. I'm sure your girls want to see her.

I have grown to respect the hell out of Taylor Swift. She knows her audience, sends nothing but positivity, has no scandals, and writes all her own stuff.
"Our area" was either DC or Atlanta, both of which are 5 hour drives. So... maybe we would have gone, maybe we would have sold the tickets :) who knows! The goal was a gift for our youngest.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:50 am It's hard to defeat the resellers with the computers buying 5000 tickets in the first second.
Time will tell, but this system was setup to beat those computers. That's why this process has been so different. Taylor made the demand that something be done about this tour because she didn't want her fans getting screwed over on the resale market. You had to preregister to prove your humanity or some shit. You had to pick your preferred arena and could choose one backup. All arenas went on sale at the exact same moment. Only random(?) accounts were picked to buy in the presale for each arena. Max tickets you were allowed to buy was 6.

For example, I got picked to buy presale, my youngest had registered, but was not picked. The only tickets I could buy was for Detroit on night 1. I was not allowed to buy for another city or even the second night in Detroit.

Also, when I got put in the queue I was 1600 plus change. I did quick math and if everyone before me bought 6 tickets, that would be over 9K tickets gone. However, when I got in lots of good seats were still available, including a whole bunch of VIP tickets.

I guarantee people from Ticketmaster will be watching the secondary market to see how successful they were in blocking those assholes. If this worked, expect all large tours to do this stuff in the future.

Also, how in the holy hell is scalping illegal unless you're a massive company and do it online? Why do we allow this shit to happen?
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:43 pm I guarantee people from Ticketmaster will be watching the secondary market to see how successful they were in blocking those assholes. If this worked, expect all large tours to do this stuff in the future.
So, I don't know if you've noticed, but tours have been doing this for about 4-5 years already. I've had ones where it's simple like this, guarantee you have a cell number/email address, the end. Others, they "let/want" you to do tasks to get higher priority (true fans only, I guess?).

The thing is: Does ticketmaster care, and if so, why? I would assume the artist is the one who cares, here. Ticketmaster just wants tickets sold. And, honestly, if people resell those same tickets ON ticketmaster, TM has the incentive to let all the bots in, as they get the fees twice.
That's why this process has been so different. Taylor made the demand that something be done about this tour because she didn't want her fans getting screwed over on the resale market.
I apparently read your post out of order. But yeah, it's the artist who cares, not TM.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Heard on the radio this morning the first of the scalped tickets were being advertised for $35k each.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:45 am The thing is: Does ticketmaster care, and if so, why? I would assume the artist is the one who cares, here. Ticketmaster just wants tickets sold. And, honestly, if people resell those same tickets ON ticketmaster, TM has the incentive to let all the bots in, as they get the fees twice.
Yeah, it's ALWAYS the artist. Remember when Pearl Jam had their dispute with Ticketmaster over pricing?

(FYI, I haven't bought tickets to a concert in forever, although I have paid for a bunch.)

That being said, I could see a way for Ticketmaster to profit if they could eliminate the secondary market. Basically, they become the secondary market. (If they're not already...) They could even enlist the public's help in doing so with the promise that the inflated prices would be eliminated and just a "reprocessing fee" added onto the original ticket price. Follow me?

They just have to do the math and see if they'd make more money that way than selling a bunch of tickets at face value to the scalpers.
GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:55 am Heard on the radio this morning the first of the scalped tickets were being advertised for $35k each.
Doesn't matter what they're posted at, what matters is what they sell at.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Ticketmaster cancelled the public sale of tickets, that was supposed to open tomorrow. Peeps is pissed.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Warnings going around for people to change their Ticketmaster password and the email they used to get the tickets. Consider 6 currently equals $12K based on Stub Hub prices it makes sense.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Ticketmaster's chairman blames Taylor Swift for the problems because "she doesn't tour enough".

I actually do hope the Swifties get him. What an asshole.

"If she was out making me money as I sit on a beach somewhere, reducing her own earning capability, but maximizing mine, this wouldn't be happening!"
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Tay Tay blames TM.

Maybe she should make her own ticket service? I hear there's a lot of unemployed software engineers around.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Here's an idea, and hear me out:

Sell tickets at a window, at the venue. The hardcore fans will camp out for three days, just like the 80s. Four tickets per customer. First come first serve. Bring a friend if you have a party of 8+.

No problems, no middlemen with fees and jacked up prices, just like the 80s.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:49 pm Here's an idea, and hear me out:

Sell tickets at a window, at the venue. The hardcore fans will camp out for three days, just like the 80s. Four tickets per customer. First come first serve. Bring a friend if you have a party of 8+.

No problems, no middlemen with fees and jacked up prices, just like the 80s.