taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Current way doesn't work.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:07 pm Sell tickets at a window, at the venue. The hardcore fans will camp out for three days, just like the 80s. Four tickets per customer. First come first serve. Bring a friend if you have a party of 8+.
If they did this, every Taylor Swift fan would already be in line. So you'd successfully remove all the women from society.

Then who would make me a sandwich?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

UberEats and DoorDash.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Ticketmaster CEO testifies before Congress about problems with Swift's tour ticket sales.

Ha!
“I want to congratulate and thank you for an absolutely stunning achievement,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal said to Berthtold. “You have brought together Republicans and Democrats in an absolutely unified cause.”
Ticketmaster, he said, was “hit with three times the amount of bot traffic than we had ever experienced” amid the “unprecedented demand for Taylor Swift tickets.” The bot activity “required us to slow down and even pause our sales. This is what led to a terrible consumer experience that we deeply regret.”
Who would send bots to buy up tickets? The ticket resellers!

Ticketmaster needs competition and the ticket resellers need to be put out of business.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:37 pm Who would send bots to buy up tickets? The ticket resellers!
Right, but the ticket resellers are not StubHub, etc. They are other groups/people who then sell through those platforms.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I've already supplied a perfect solution, make tickets only available at a window in the venue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:16 pm I've already supplied a perfect solution, make tickets only available at a window in the venue.
Sucks balls.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Yeah.... and iirc, you have the soul of a reseller, helping drive up the prices.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:19 pm Yeah.... and iirc, you have the soul of a capitalist.
FTFY
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Well, that's what people are getting pissed off about.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Didn't get tickets for her 2024 shows, so we're going through the movie tonight. At least it's dramaticly cheaper.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

I heard about that, what's up, is it a live show on the screen?
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

Dropped off my two youngest to this tonight. (Good job Catt doing it on the 13th. That's a big day for Swifties.)

They attended the live concert and said this was fun, but didn't compare to the concert. It was taped and she cut some songs. Obviously, you can see her much better here than in a stadium though.

My kids said people were out of their seats dancing and singing along.

They have tickets to the 20th as well when my oldest will be in town. We have one extra due to a niece dropping out for a softball tournament. My wife was going to go, but my girls are encouraging me to go. This is the day I get back from a week long business trip, so I'm not looking forward to it, but I'll attend.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

I don't know a ton of her songs, maybe half of the ones from last night? And only a handful of those well.

But it was fun. The only other men there were dads + dates. But many large groups of teen girls. People had their phones out taking pictures + videos, people were swapping friendship bracelets (I even got one, despite having none to trade), dancing, clapping, having fun. Our daughter and her friend loved it, my wife liked it. The others with us were GIANT swifties who had already been in person, but still enjoyed it, especially since parts of the show were much harder to see from various seats.
GORDON wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:14 pm I heard about that, what's up, is it a live show on the screen?
It's a compilation from at least 2 live shows she did in Los Angeles a couple of months ago to end her tour. They then mixed it together, added a few new effects, and put it out as a movie.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

That being said, I bet it would be even more popular if it was that night's live show, on a screen. Multiple theaters could play it. Hurting theaters would make money.

Imagine at a drive-in theater where there could be a mosh pit. A Taylor Swift mosh pit.

If Nixon could talk to astronauts on the moon in real time, we should be able to do that reliably, today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

I assume they don't want to worry about cannibalism of ticket sales. The movie wasn't even announced until after the 2023 tour was over.

I feel like people have tried this before with live events, and... no one cared? I dunno, it certainly hasn't made it mainstream
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Cannibalism of tickets.... a problem so big it was actually addressed by congress.

Most peeps can't afford $500 for nosebleeds, and a pre-taped concert movie is a poor substitute. They should do the live thing. It's a different atmosphere from 10 years ago when it didn't work the first time, peeps be price gouging now.
Leisher
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:42 am a couple of months ago to end her tour.
End the U.S. portion of her tour. She's now doing the overseas stuff. Although, new U.S. dates have since been announced for next year when she's back.
GORDON wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:47 am That being said, I bet it would be even more popular if it was that night's live show, on a screen. Multiple theaters could play it. Hurting theaters would make money.
That's what I initially thought it would be. Theaters do live streams all the time and have since the 80s.
GORDON wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:47 am A Taylor Swift mosh pit.
The show last night apparently had one. My middle kid claims she started it, and unlike a metal show, it's a bunch of girls dancing, singing, and swapping friendship bracelets.
GORDON
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by GORDON »

Oh my good lord.
TheCatt
Site Admin

taylor swift

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:18 pm End the U.S. portion of her tour. She's now doing the overseas stuff. Although, new U.S. dates have since been announced for next year when she's back.
I was simplifying for Gordon :)

But she's on a break now for another month, iirc.