Streaming Services

Audio Tawk
Leisher
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by Leisher »

Warner Music is betting on price hikes soon.

I have been with Pandora for years. All free and I've been with them so long my stations play only the songs I want to hear. However, I rarely get exposed to new things.

Recently a friend convinced me to give Apple Music a shot since I have an iPhone and could do it for $5/month (finally something good from my being a student).

I like it. Download all the songs I want. Play whatever I want, anytime I want. Yada yada yada.

What does another service offer that I don't get here?

Although, I still use Pandora at work. My "work" stations are already the perfect mix of music to listen to and not distract me.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

I had the same issue with Pandora, was hard to get outside of what it thought I liked.

I've been using Google Music, and really enjoy it. We have the family subscription, so it's $14.99/month (iirc) which includes Youtube Red and up to 6 accounts.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Streaming Services

Post by Stranger »

I use and love Spotify. Premium is something like $10-12/month but i never pay it, i only pay for premium when they are running specials. Around the holidays and new users can get 3 months for $0.99 and this past Christmas they had 3 months for $10 and you got a free google home mini.

With premium you can download whatever songs you want if you don't want to use data when out of wifi. I never download tho because ive got unlimited cell data, but i guess its a nice feature for some.

The biggest negative to me is that when you dont have premium and using your phone you can select an artist to play but cant play the exact song you want to hear. It basically just shuffle plays music for that artist. This isn't the case if you're using Spotify on PC though, which i do at work. You can listen to anything you want and flip through as many songs as you want but the occasional add will pop up.

Also, has all the podcasts that i like to listen too and many more that i didn't even know existed.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Streaming Services

Post by Stranger »

oh yeah, Spotify does offer a family plan too. Something like $15 for up to 4 or 5 family members.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: I've been using Google Music, and really enjoy it. We have the family subscription, so it's $14.99/month (iirc) which includes Youtube Red and up to 6 accounts.
Bah, fuckers made me switch to YouTube Music, which doesn't allow people < 13 so my youngest cannot use it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by GORDON »

I've been dabbling, just a little. I have these Google hockey pucks everywhere they keep giving me for free, so I've been playing with, "OK Google, play some Die Antwoord." At first it was pulling from YouTube, and it was always playing the same playlist in the exact same song order. Clearly that doesn't work.

Switched it to Pandora. So far I'm pretty happy with that. The free service gives you one 20ish second commercial every 4 or 5 songs. I can live with that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

You can make your own playlists, or tell Google to shuffle it. No ads.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

Youtube Music is kinda garbage. Signed up for Spotify family trial to see how it is.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:30 pm Youtube Music is kinda garbage. Signed up for Spotify family trial to see how it is.
We kept Spotify, it's really nice. Both are missing my favorite Google Play feature: Play a radio based on all the music I like.

Price just went up to $16/month from $15/ month.
Stranger

Streaming Services

Post by Stranger »

I use Spotify all the time, i usually wait until they email me a deal for like 3 months for $10 and subscribe then. Otherwise, its not bad even if you're using the free service, using a mobile device you kinda get screwed if you want to listen to a particular album or song but it works just fine on my desktop. One thing that is cool with the free service, when i listen to podcasts you can select the exact episode you want to listen to and there are no commercial interruptions at all!

As of yesterday i just signed up for Amazon prime music unlimited, they emailed me an offer for 3 free months so i'll take it. Afterwards its only $7.99 if you're a Prime member. I think if you're looking to be cheap on these streaming services you can bounce around between them all and get some really nice deals.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Streaming Services

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:40 pm I think if you're looking to be cheap on these streaming services you can bounce around between them all and get some really nice deals.
I don't like having to get used to new apps, or lose my history of likes/unlikes, etc. And I have 3 other people on the service with me, so we're just stuck.