Oscillian

Audio Tawk
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscillian

Post by GORDON »

Taking a pause in editing to tell you about this album I'm listening to right now.

I don't have enough knowledge of current music culture to tell you exactly what cubbyhole this fits into, but it sort of sounds like the electronic music John Carpenter used to make back when he was making good movies. Except updated. It sounds like him, but more recent, and has a slight bit more edge.

I discovered this group (artist? no idea) last week. I was reading a "Battle Angel: Alita" movie thread elsewhere, and someone mentioned that this song better be playing over the credits:

Well, I liked that song, so I hit amazon and bought the mp3 album. I love 21st century tech! That's the best song on the album, IMO, but the album is solid.

I listened to it solidly for a few days, it's good editing music, then decided to see what else Oscillian had. There was a 2018 album called, "Escape From Antarctica," and I sampled a few seconds of a few tracks, determined it was the same style, and purchased the album.

I was 67% of the way through it when I realized it was a tribute to John Carpenter's "The Thing." Now I see that my earlier comparison to his music, but updated, might be quite astute.

It's indy, support it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Oscillian

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: There was a 2018 album called, "Escape From Antarctica," and I sampled a few seconds of a few tracks, determined it was the same style, and purchased the album.
You know, the Real Steve H****** already has all this stuff. But WHATEVER.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Oscillian

Post by GORDON »

You seem bitter, for some reason.

I don't mind throwing money at independent artists, even if they already get paid royalties through youtube, or whatever.

I even Patreon support an indy band in Australia, that I like.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."