Bungie

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
GORDON
Site Admin

Bungie

Post by GORDON »

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84829

Maybe now Halo 4 will be made for the PC and then ported to the consoles, as god intended.

For those of you who don't know, this was the original plan with Halo. Then Microsoft bought them because they needed some good games for their fledgling console, the XBox.

And it's still a slap in the face to require Vista to run an old port of Halo 2. There's not a technical reason in the world for that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Maybe now Halo 4 will be made for the PC and then ported to the consoles, as god intended.

I doubt it. Microsoft still owns the Halo IP. I mean, there is an outside shot I suppose. Especially if the new Halo is ready in time for Venice (or whatever the code name is for the new Microsoft OS).

And it's still a slap in the face to require Vista to run an old port of Halo 2. There's not a technical reason in the world for that.

FYI: He's not just whistling dixie. This FACT has been proven by multiple sources. Halo 2 runs just fine on XP despite what Microsoft claims.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Bungie is still going to be making halo games though just as 3rd or semi 2nd party.

Not as much of a hit as I first thought for MS now. There is already 3 years between each game and with the spin offs Bungie can go make something else and then go back to Halo without the game falling off the map.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bungie

Post by Leisher »

Bungie "made some mistakes".

Long story short, they released new DLC and it locked stuff that had previously been free. Considering the backlash EA got, and now Bungie, perhaps gamers are finally fighting back against microtransactions?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Bungie

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Bungie

Post by Leisher »

This, like the Microsoft acquisition of Activision, is not awesome. Although, less of a bad thing since Bungie isn't also a distributor.

Clearly this was a shot at MS though. Halo and the X-Box have been linked since the beginning. MS even shit on its PC gaming base in favor of console users by making Halo an X-Box exclusive.

I'm guessing Sony made this purchase to ensure Activision games keep coming out for the PS.