Mobile games

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:52 am Too bad that ive read the monetization makes it completely pay to win just like every other stupid mobile game.
Yeah, that's what I've read, too. Shame cuz my family likes Diablo.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Stranger

Mobile games

Post by Stranger »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:57 am Yeah, that's what I've read, too. Shame cuz my family likes Diablo.
i guess the gameplay is really good, its Diablo so it's got to be. I'm sure your family isn't so hard core that you couldn't still get some good mileage out of it before you hit the pay wall. So you might be able to enjoy it some.

I'll give the PC version a look just because it is free and Diablo, but i'm not playing it on mobile, can't do it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by GORDON »

What's an amusing mobile game that still works when offline?

WHen I was in Yellowstone I almost never had service. I fired up Angry Birds on a toilet, downloaded before it became discontinued, and was ticked when it wouldn't play without a connection.

Poker used to be built-in to phones, but that's gone.

So are there any left that don't need a connection to feed you ads, and microtransactions?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by TheCatt »

My kids discovered that airplane mode was a good way to avoid ads in a lot of games.

I dunno, I mostly do small puzzle games when pooping. Doing sudokus again for the first time in decades, lately.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by GORDON »

I was forced to just stare at the door like a farmer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by Leisher »

I think almost every mobile game requires internet because they all use an ad based model to earn their money.

There are some out there you can straight up buy though, and I doubt they need an internet connection.

With iPhone, if you have Apple arcade, none of those games have ads.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:17 pm With iPhone, if you have Apple arcade, none of those games have ads.
I did a trial of that and the Google equivalent. The games just kinda suck.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by GORDON »

Remember when you could just play solitaire on a machine, and it didn't require an internet connection?

"Ok grandpa, back to bed" meme.

That aspect has not gotten better.

And I remember arguing about this back when I still subscribed to PC Gamer magazine, and the first company.... probably EA.... required an internet connection for an offline game.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mobile games

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:37 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:17 pm With iPhone, if you have Apple arcade, none of those games have ads.
I did a trial of that and the Google equivalent. The games just kinda suck.
They absolutely did, but not so much these days. Yes, most are still ad free versions of endless games, like Jetpack Joyride 2. However, they do have actual full games too. Oregon Trail, I know there's at least one legit RPG, a black and white search game that is kind of charming and a good time killer, but that's all I've tried.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”