Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This PrinceVid episode is a good watch. The first half is just his standard stuff, but once the Russians enter the story halfway through, it gets more interesting. Watch to the end.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 pm starter base setup in T19
Does your door say Max on it?

Caught someone chopping wood on your island. They were looking to setup a base. I killed them!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Had a successful scrap run. Small one. Went to Oxym's, but it was empty. There's a base right next to it. I scoped out Launch site from a distance, but I don't know it very well so I skipped it. I went to power plant and looted some stuff there and recycled. Ran to Leisher's island and then home avoiding some known active bases. A little while after I got home, I heard someone killing Bradley. People were asking who was able to kill it so fast. There were 77 people on tonight.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Recorded some of my aim training. I'd like to see how your spray pattern compares. Use whatever gun you want.

Even at 80% accuracy, I don't hit shit. What accuracy do you think the better streamers are at?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChSfKw ... _CG2lF9hqw
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:39 am Does your door say Max on it?
Yes! It has the doggie door at the bottom. However, that's no longer my base. It is, but not my main. I moved to the cave on the island to the east.

I'm not really vested in developing anything there though because it's a weekly wipe server. Thus, missing out of Thursday, most of today already, definitely tonight, and some of tomorrow...that's half the wipe! I do love that they wipe BPs every month though. I think ALL servers should do that.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:17 pm Recorded some of my aim training. I'd like to see how your spray pattern compares. Use whatever gun you want.
What server do you go to for that?
Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:17 pm What accuracy do you think the better streamers are at?
Watch that PrinceVid video I posted. He's really good at the PvP stuff, and I honestly can't see the folks he's shooting half the time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Server info is in the video description.

I rarely see the people they are shooting at either. I attribute some of it to the stream resolution though.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Here's something odd.

I log in to find myself asleep outside. Not dead. Asleep. I wake up and I'm in the NW at the spawn area. I 'kill' to respawn at my sleeping bad. I wake up in my base, but my roof is missing. TC says there's 2 days upkeep. I open the TC room, roof is missing there too. Nothing was looted though. ALL of my materials, resources, etc are still there. I replace the two missing roof pieces.

Hmm. Now I step outside. There are watch towers outside, a huge base just down the beach, and two stick floors attached to my base. Also a ladder. So, they did blow up my roof, but didn't take anything I guess. But why was I asleep and not dead when I logged in?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm finding that I just can't get anything done on this server. Well, the stuff that I'm used to and like to do! Looking forward to having people to roam with, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:58 pm Looking forward to having people to roam with, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES!!
That server is bullshit. "Solo/Duo/Trio" yet the first day I'm on three separate people join talking about bringing in their quad groups. Others bitching that everywhere they do they're murdered by groups of 3+ people.

Working that long shift Friday helped me with the Twitch drops this time. I've already got them all.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

People will always break the rules!! They don't feel bad cheating to win. I would assume EVERY server that has a group limit, people ignore it. Even on low pop servers I have played on. There would be 17 people on, 8 of them would be on a team roaming around off-lining everyone. Some people just can't handle losing, and switch to easy mode owning solos on low pop servers.

I switched to a low pop server, just so I could play the damn game! 4 hours in, I'm getting raided. At least I had a DB to try to defend with! It didn't work. They had AKs. I at least landed a shot though. I went back naked, and said they got it. I just want to hang out and try to recover. They shoot me. As I'm laying on the ground, I say "Oh, I guess I should just leave the server?" and they felt bad. They took some stuff, but left me all the wood/stone I was using to build my base. Then they gave me a bunch of stuff. They had a MASSIVE base already. No idea how big there group was. I told them to come back in a couple of days when I have a chance to get setup and do it again. They gave me a SAR and a Thompson, a med. Basically, a nice little starter kit that I could research to get some gear.

I saw the air drop and went for it. It landed before I got there and was sitting in the open. I ran up to it and I could hear someone shooting arrows at me. The crate had two sars and ammo in it. I grabbed those and used one to kill the guy. I only took his scrap and cloth, cause I'm cool like that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:02 am I would assume EVERY server that has a group limit, people ignore it.
Some don't, some have active admins and/or communities that actively enforce it.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:02 am I switched to a low pop server, just so I could play the damn game!
That Rustic Lodge server is probably fun when you're playing the game all out. When you're playing more casually, it's a lot less fun.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been working all day. 13+ hour shift. The only thing that kept me going was knowing I'd get home and join you in playing Rust.

You broke my heart.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Tough week on all fronts too, not a great week for Rust for us.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hell yeah.

Haven't gotten to play poker in person since New Years before COVID.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That screenshot brings me joy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Call | Fold | Raise | Al In | Shoot | Stab | Dance Naked
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Messed around on the Dev branch to get my hands on poker. I won a good bit. Lots of these kids know Rust and that's it.

It's great. If a little buggy right now. The turn order after betting isn't right, it sometimes goes back to initial raiser after a fold. Sometimes you have to incorrectly check all the way if your opponent has gone all in and you still have money left on Turn and River. They can fix it.

I brought 200 scrap, went up to 1k, broke some off to some people, and still made enough to buy a mini and crash it in the Dome.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Do the drops only begin when the patch is released?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

They are now on the Rust Twitch site, and some folks are streaming, but the drops aren't enabled yet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rust is about to get a lot prettier with changes to just about everything.