Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This batch of streamers is kind of boring compared to the last few.

Happily, I have all items except the bandana already. Not sure I even want the bandana...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It looks great.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

My schedule is making it difficult for me to get this week's skins. Still working on them. What I'm noticing is the viewer counts are way lower than I've seen in the past. Sub 10k for all of the ones I've caught. Did everyone see that, or is this just late in the week and everyone has them already?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Might be late in the week. I knocked them all out the first day except for the bandana, which I got today.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I thought the skins were missable this month. I only got Noras because I liked it. Plus there were less of them than the others.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:58 am I thought the skins were missable this month. I only got Noras because I liked it. Plus there were less of them than the others.
Totally agree. I only got them all because it's easy to leave Twitch streaming in the background while I work.

Also, there were three less than prior months.

And being really honest, aside from the girl, because girl gamers are awesome :D , the streamers were really boring. But truthfully, even the girl was boring this month.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was watching one of the default streamers (the one that sponsors the skin you get even if you don't watch him). He had less than 300 viewers, but was far more entertaining than the few I did tune in to. First, half of them didn't even speak English this round, so no point in having the sound on. The others, like you said, were boring. Not entertaining or engaging. The default guy I think was trying harder because he's trying to build a following. The others have their following and seem to just coast now.

The Sub Goals they have posted in their streams: Is that subs for like this week or month, or current active subs, or total subs ever received? Anyone know?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:00 pm I was watching one of the default streamers (the one that sponsors the skin you get even if you don't watch him). He had less than 300 viewers, but was far more entertaining than the few I did tune in to. First, half of them didn't even speak English this round, so no point in having the sound on. The others, like you said, were boring. Not entertaining or engaging. The default guy I think was trying harder because he's trying to build a following. The others have their following and seem to just coast now.
Was it Dairy? He's a pretty cool guy/streamer. He should have honestly gone into the main group so he got the 5k+ viewership.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was. He was the only one on line one night so I checked him out. It wasn't for very long, but he was engaging the audience and whatnot. The others, it seemed like there were long moments of dead air where they were just playing the game. Like it was their job.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The round with Ash and Shadowfrax was the best round. Almost every streamer was entertaining.

Have they done Prince Vidz or Frost?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just gave Nora a chance. Had her muted during skin grab. Holy shit is she annoying. "Thaaaank youuuuu soooooo muuuuch. Ohh my gooooosh. He is sooooo maaaad right now." etc. Dragging her words out is her thing I guess. She's also a pretty big trash talker. She was also like "I'm friendly! Friendly! I'm just exploring!" When the guy drops his guard, she lights him up. Then laughs about it with her viewers talking trash. Not entertaining. She's another that will appeal to 13 year olds who want to tell her she's pretty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This latest round of skins was not thought out well. Many of the streamers are Asian and are only on late at night for the U.S. market. They should be mixing these up so that there's a good mix of streamers from each continent.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 am This latest round of skins was not thought out well. Many of the streamers are Asian and are only on late at night for the U.S. market. They should be mixing these up so that there's a good mix of streamers from each continent.
Everything looked shitty but DO NOT MISS OUT on Abe's ninja suit. The best drop since the glass door months ago. I don't even play anymore and I still couldn't resist. They are surgeons scrubs (which is 15 bucks on the market) only with a much better skin.

e: Why does this rando streamer get the best Rust drop in ages? Because he's the guy who created and main admin'd the OTV server that caused Rust to surge in popularity in December/January. Get it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He's one of the ones I've been having trouble getting. I've got him around 60%.

Him, the python, and the garage door are ones I want that I still don't have.

I've never even seen garage door girl online. Apparently, she does "just chatting" every day/night, but no Rust.

The 2nd rock guy is never online either, but who gives a shit about a brown rock?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm e: Why does this rando streamer get the best Rust drop in ages? Because he's the guy who created and main admin'd the OTV server that caused Rust to surge in popularity in December/January. Get it.
I was just thinking about this as he's online, and he did get an awesome item, but why didn't Shadowfrax? He works with the team, does all the update videos and whatnot.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 pm
Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm e: Why does this rando streamer get the best Rust drop in ages? Because he's the guy who created and main admin'd the OTV server that caused Rust to surge in popularity in December/January. Get it.
I was just thinking about this as he's online, and he did get an awesome item, but why didn't Shadowfrax? He works with the team, does all the update videos and whatnot.
He got one early - the sweet pie rock.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:00 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:09 pm
He got one early - the sweet pie rock.
I remember and got it, I just thought he should have gotten something cooler.

Most of the missing folks got on last night. I got the garage door, ninja suit, and garage door lady must have passed me over to brown rock person after she logged because I got that too. Only need the Python skin, but I don't really care if I get it.

The ninja suit was the most important one.

FYI, console version is coming soon, so the skin market will probably boom again...
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I bought some skins recently for pennies. I picked ones that I thought could surge in popularity. Namely, the Lady Bug clothes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

it's coming...

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What's coming?