Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Troy

Rust - A thread for dying

Post by Troy »

Modded servers can get silly.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Tried playing with a pretty experienced group last Thursday on an Official and we had the full swing of Rust.

We started a base with wood doors and bows on Thursday, had built a large compound and tower filled with t3 guns by Saturday, and things came to crash halt Sunday night as me and the two other dudes online fought on the losing end of a 8v3 raid on our main compound. Rockets, AKs, and C4 were flying. Pretty dang fun.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Gathered a shit ton of resources. We have 500+ explosive rounds. I left 9k sulfur ore cooking in three furnaces. I was too tired to split it up in the upstairs furnaces. There's about 9k metal that needs to be cooked too. I also went hunting and killed a bunch of bears. Food is restocked and I converted all animal fat and cloth from them to low grade. I cooked the crude into low grade. We are primed to both raid, and be raided. . .

Scooty was REALLY itching to raid last night. I talked him out of it because Goat wouldn't have been there. I didn't want to burn what we made so far only getting into one wall and having access to maybe one crate. I also didn't want to leave people out. Ironically, I'm working tomorrow night and will probably miss it! I'm OK with that because I suck at shooting anyway. Small chance I could have a window late though.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Gathered a shit ton of resources. We have 500+ explosive rounds. I left 9k sulfur ore cooking in three furnaces. I was too tired to split it up in the upstairs furnaces. There's about 9k metal that needs to be cooked too. I also went hunting and killed a bunch of bears. Food is restocked and I converted all animal fat and cloth from them to low grade. I cooked the crude into low grade. We are primed to both raid, and be raided. . .

Scooty was REALLY itching to raid last night. I talked him out of it because Goat wouldn't have been there. I didn't want to burn what we made so far only getting into one wall and having access to maybe one crate. I also didn't want to leave people out. Ironically, I'm working tomorrow night and will probably miss it! I'm OK with that because I suck at shooting anyway. Small chance I could have a window late though.
Damn, you were busy. I'll pay attention to alerts today so hopefully we won't lose the base before using your hard work gets stolen.
Last edited by Troy on Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Troy

Post by Troy »

IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT BEING RAIDED YOU SHOULD LEAVE THE TURRETS ON!!!!

The great guns you all have on your sleeping bodies should be on in online turrets.

I think maybe the server wipes tomorrow so it will be all or nothing tonight.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Who turned them off?! I don't touch things in the base that I don't understand. . .

And work got delayed!! So I'm all set.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Who turned them off?! I don't touch things in the base that I don't understand. . .

And work got delayed!! So I'm all set.
One of the gremlins for sure.

Guys report we got hit today at some point but base and defenses too thicc.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I believe we will get raided (again) today.

They got through a stone wall but stopped by our first turret, which they spent some time shooting. The raiders were asking for help in chat to pool explosives when I logged in. Should be fun tonight, gotta get some work done first.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cake, Scooty, his friend Goat, and I all had a base torn down around us as we tried to defend it tonight.

Got a little bit of AK pvp in before they burst into our base and we only had the turrets holding them off with our shotguns for the most part.

Had fun and was a blast though. We did all die, so it was also literally a blast, or a series of them.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I could taste Troy's frustration as we fell apart around him. . . :-)

At one point, it was like he bet it all on 17 on the roulette table hoping to win his mortgage payment back to save his marriage. He just REALLY needed us to come through for him. We came up as a 9 and all was lost. He rattled off a series of orders and tactics to push and take the base back. Then says GOGOGOGOGO and we were all like Whhhaaaat?! So up the stairs and then where?

He's like at 11 and we are still 2 and 3's. I don't know why he still plays with me. :-)

BUT, losing everything in a big drawn out battle > than losing it all to a wipe and not learning anything. I can't wait till I can understand everything he says and can actually contribute!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also, we were told that the server we were on is a total wipe tomorrow. BP's and all. They are talking about starting there again. I'll be playing with them again and try to run oil with them. I feel like it helps with my shooting skills.

If Troy will have me, I'll be playing on his server too.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Both times when I yelled GOGOGO there was C4 ticking on the door I was holding. I couldn't control the tempo.

First time it happened our plan seemed to go ok, but I went down to the grenade we had tossed to clear the room. I couldn't see what happened after.

The second time I got shot in the back by my teammates in the dark :lol:
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I get the tempo. You don't have 5 minutes to decide things. You see an opening (or an opportunity about to close) and you have to go NOW. We had one of them down at one point, but couldn't capitalize. I would say that instead of planning moves as if you have support. You have to plan moves as if you can send us in to the slaughter and we can distract them just long enough for you to kill them!

My examples weren't to show your mistakes, it was to show how far behind you we are. I guess the only mistake you made was counting on us! I mean, you left us alone for 2 hours and you come back to key resources missing from the base, this large growth out the front of the base the attackers used to gain easier access and made it more difficult for us to respond to the situation. They caught us outside with explosive ammo they used on our walls. Their are more mistakes we are too embarrassed to tell you about. :-)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

We've got just over 500 scrap left if you want to research anything before the wipe. I did satchel, thompson, weapon flashlight, maybe the 8x, meds, 5.56, metal chest. Considered doing the metal helmet with the last 500, but didn't.

With the aim training I'm doing, I feel like I'd be way better on oil now. I don't have range accuracy yet for strong pvp, but will be better with raids/close combat.

I did horrible in the "Gun Game" arena as I've had ZERO practice with pistols!

I think this will be my last week on a no/low pop server. I think I'd have more fun on a 40 average server soon.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: I think I'd have more fun on a 40 average server soon.
Those are typically the most fun.

Enough room to grow and do your thing, but there's still danger/targets everywhere.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Get free in game items for watching Twitch streams.

When I return to work Monday I'll log onto Twitch and easily get all the items without needing to watch a second.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So as not to hijack the D&D thread, yes, I am definitely up for some Rust. I have not been motivated to play lately given that by the time I could, it was well into the wipe and Pillars is rather fun. But if you don't mind giving me some free stuff, I'm definitely in. I'm also down with some more 1v1 or 2v2 if we can get Scooty and Goat in there. Scooty has been bragging about his gun skills (not in a "I'm going to own you all" kind of way but in a "I'm really good at guns" kind of way) and I want to see if they are what he thinks they are.

But I'm also done working nights and will probably not be up till 6am my time any more! It's weird being up and about at 9am again.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: So as not to hijack the D&D thread, yes, I am definitely up for some Rust. I have not been motivated to play lately given that by the time I could, it was well into the wipe and Pillars is rather fun. But if you don't mind giving me some free stuff, I'm definitely in. I'm also down with some more 1v1 or 2v2 if we can get Scooty and Goat in there. Scooty has been bragging about his gun skills (not in a "I'm going to own you all" kind of way but in a "I'm really good at guns" kind of way) and I want to see if they are what he thinks they are.

But I'm also done working nights and will probably not be up till 6am my time any more! It's weird being up and about at 9am again.
Internet went down - luckily I was in the safe house.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Cool. I put another 2k wood in the TC. Lots of shots around. Going to hang out and defend with my bow in case we get raided. But since there's no food and I'm starving, it will be a short shift.
Troy

Post by Troy »

In the last few days all the big Twitch streamers (Xqc, Shroud, buncha lady gamers I don't know) surprised everyone by setting up a private Rust server and have been playing on it together. These are big names, some of their streams have 50k-70k viewers regularly. The kind of streamer that could never play on a regular server if they wanted to, would be up to their armpits in stream snipers and mic spammers.

The experience they've managed to create isn't Rust like we know it, the server seems reasonably populated but it's not full of screaming naked griefers or people killing on site, just big time streamers talking to chat and doing their thing, learning the game. Heavy focus on instruments among the lady streamers.

There's still murder and betrayal, sure, but it's honestly some of the best twitch content I've gotten to consume this year. Guess they are the top twitch pros for a reason.

Here's XCQ stealing Shroud's helicopter and realizing he doesn't know how to fly it right after:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SparklyBashfulCarrotBatChest
Last edited by Troy on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.