Rust - A thread for dying

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

"Makes the client connect to a different server"

Remember when they were discussing jumping into a hot air balloon, boat, heli, etc. and going to a completely different server? Not switching servers like normal where you wake up with nothing, but flying in with your entire clan and waging war on the people there...

Rust is about to get a lot bigger.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Server line fights.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:47 pmWhat's coming?
"It"
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

New DLC coming

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There are Rust drops going on right now until the 12th, and Shadowfrax said another round the week after that.

Frost has an M249 skin.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just a cool picture. Background material.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

New Twitch drops just started. A fuck ton of them this time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A few of the current streamers clearly do not play Rust.

One girl has no idea how to place items, take down walls, etc. She's also spending every second I'm watching her just trashing people in chat. Another girl did nothing but draw things on signs. A couple(?) were just playing on an RP server.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This Rust map/world looks pretty awesome.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

When and why did they change the Twitch rewards to 3 hours? Brutal.

There are 13 fucking streamers.

My only theory is that they don't want you to easily get them all so it makes them more valuable on their market.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't think you could sell streamer rewards.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:04 pm I didn't think you could sell streamer rewards.
Maybe you can't? No idea why they would make it tougher to gain these things.

I do know that there's some bitterness over the streamers who get picked. If you watch Shadowfrax's videos you've seen him pointing out how people that don't even play Rust have been picked to stream Rust.

I get his point, and honestly, someone like him should have gotten the best item, not a pie skin for a rock. However, it's important to bring new people into the game and that means any streamers, particularly ones that don't normally play Rust.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hardcore mode coming

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

More important than that, in early June, there was a weapon update. They randomized the gun spray. Best update ever. I HATED the fixed spray pattern. Watched a couple pros' videos and they don't wreck like they used to. Still REALLY good of course. But they die WAY more now.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's a small DLC.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Still growing.

Troy

Post by Troy »

Sorta playing again, I kept a base, well a series of them, on an official server all last month. 8)

Server wiped with an AK in my hand in my last remaining base, which was a boathouse. All my others got raided.

I had really good luck doing cargo and getting countered. Once I had a helicopter duo try to counter me, killed them, stole the helicopter, flew it around a little and crashed it back onto the deck of cargo, took the RIB home. Another time I got the drop on an entire team as they tried to boat up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Looks like Rust has finally added a monument that will trigger wipes.