Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Autumn sale has begun along with awards to nominate.
Who did you vote for so I can just vote for the same?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Labor of Love - Rust
Outstanding Visual Style - Supraland

They want 2019 games, and that's a bit of a problem for me. I don't really play new games.

I'll let you know who else I decide to vote for in a bit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Labor of Love - Rust
Outstanding Visual Style - Supraland

They want 2019 games, and that's a bit of a problem for me. I don't really play new games.

I'll let you know who else I decide to vote for in a bit.
Same. I have Zero 2019 games in my inventory.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Thoughts on the Steam controller for $13 shipped?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Also saw the new VR Half Life game. I realize I don't have a VR system, so it's not for me anyway. But I kinda feel like "Fuck you, Half Life" since I never got episode 3.

Valve: Hey! We have a new way of releasing games! We are going to release episodes so you don't have to wait SOOOoooo long for the new game to come out. We can release it in smaller chunks, called episodes, and you can play them as they come out! That way you don't have to wait so long for the whole story to be programmed and can keep enjoying the game! So buy episode one now! Episodes 2 and 3 coming soon!

Buy episode 1

Valve: Hey! Here's episode 2! See how cool this new model is! You don't have to wait so long! See you in episode 3!

crickets.

I feel like I bought an unfinished game. They promised a product and didn't deliver. Sure, they only charged me for the parts I played. But if I knew there wasn't going to be an ending to the story, I may not have participated. Kind of like watching television series'. When they get canceled without closure, I'm generally pissed. I feel like Valved fucked me with the Half Life episode shit and feel like buying more Half Life stuff when they haven't delivered on a previous purchase would be saying I don't mind them fucking me. So, fuck you valve. I'm not buying your new VR Half Life.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thoughts on the Steam controller for $13 shipped?
I know you've used touchpad mice before. I have a touchpad Apple TV remote. I want NOTHING to do with a touchpad video game remote.

Although, if I'm being honest, I'm tempted to get it just to try it. I can always give it to player 2...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The HL3 thing...

There's a lot of talk about why that game has never come out. Mainly, I think it boils down to the fact that it's been so long since the last one that it cannot live up to the hype, ala Duke Nukem.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not talking about HL3. I'm talking about episode 3. At the time, the theory was that they just started concentrating on HL3 and THAT was going to be episode three. Which doesn't count for me. Especially since it never came out either.

I bought one as well. Biggest complaint was that the touch pad was hard to get used to if you normally have a stick there. I don't FPS with a controller, so I felt like that wouldn't matter to me. Many people spoke highly of the mouse control the pad gave you. So in games that use the mouse, as a mouse, this controller shines. Since I wasn't married to any specific controller, I figured I'd try it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Biggest complaint was that the touch pad was hard to get used to if you normally have a stick there.
That confirms I won't like it.
Cakedaddy wrote: I'm not talking about HL3. I'm talking about episode 3. At the time, the theory was that they just started concentrating on HL3 and THAT was going to be episode three. Which doesn't count for me. Especially since it never came out either.
I thought HL2:Ep 1,2,3 were being developed by other developers under the supervision of Valve?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Over a decade of lies and spin:

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/half ... r-happened

If was being developed by Valve. They had taken to calling it "Half Life 3:Episode 1, 2, 3" so it seemed like they were doing more than they were.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What we need is for a couple of make a wish kids to request HL3.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Saw an article that had a quote from Valve saying these $5 controllers are the last of whatever they had in stock, and they will not be getting replaced.

Also, I nominated:
GotY - A Plague Tale
VR - Thief Simulator
Labor of Love - Rust
Better with Friends - Jackbox Party Pack 6
Innovative Gameplay - Subnautica Below Zero
Story-Rich - Disco Elysium
Game you suck at - The Surge 2
Outstanding Visual - Supraland
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

December 19
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tune into the game awards tonight at 8:30 p.m. EST on Steam and you're automatically entered to win massive prizes, like the Index and a ton of new release games.

You need to stay logged in and watching, but it doesn't seem like you need to ACTUALLY watch.
Myself + wife logged in... maybe I'll win the same thing I suck every year.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm logged in, but I've got no audio or video.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I'm logged in, but I've got no audio or video.
Looks like just bullshit until 9pm, but I've just got the laptop open near me, glancing over.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rebooted and got a picture of the MC and he said "Now on Twi" and it's frozen...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »