Steam - The Future is Now

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

They have a 60 second video describing it. They say:

In a free market, companies compete on price. They just keep cutting prices to win customers. And Steam doesn't allow this to happen.Steam doesn't allow publishers to charge lower prices on other platforms and sometimes force them to charge higher prices due to contracts.

You can recover up to 3 times in damages.

There should be anti-lawyer laws. When lawyers make up shit like this and it turns out they are wrong, the defendants should be allowed to recover up to three times their cost in defending against bullshit lawsuits.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:07 pm There should be anti-lawyer laws. When lawyers make up shit like this and it turns out they are wrong, the defendants should be allowed to recover up to three times their cost in defending against bullshit lawsuits.
This.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Spring sale has begun and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure is free to claim until March 23rd.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, this will end up being a stand alone VR headset.

(The photo in the article is not the actual device.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Steam is 20 years old, how old is your account?

Mine: Member since August 23, 2008.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:11 pm Steam is 20 years old, how old is your account?

Mine: Member since August 23, 2008.
Member since January 20, 2007.

Noob.

(Paging Leisher, his is a couple years older.)
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, I 100% got Steam because yall did.

But that's OK. Yall will die first, so mine will be oldest eventually.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

November 17th, 2004.

I think HL2 was what caused me to get a Steam account.

Also:
The 2D Flash game was produced by Nuclearvision, a developer that no longer exists, and Codename: Gordon isn't listed on Steam anymore, but you can still download it by entering the following URL into a browser: steam://install/92.
This works.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Mine is dated 12/19.2006, which I'm surprised it's that late. I was VERY much into Counter Strike and remember when it made the move to Steam. I was PISSED because Steam killed most, if not all, of the mods that were out there. I either continued to play CS without Steam somehow, or had a different account that was used for a while, forgotten about, then I rejoined in 2006.

The post I made in March of 06 supports that theory. I talk about how Steam/EA (I thought Steam=EA back then) killed CS. They forced updates that killed the mods, etc, etc. So, it heavily implies that I had an account way before 2006. I had been boycotting Steam as part of my EA boycott.
Then EA bought Valve, got rid of WON, made everyone load Steam and NONE of the anti-cheat software worked. 9 out of 10 servers I tried had cheaters. You were FORCED to upgrade to the latest version of CS even though the version just prior to that was far more popular. You couldn't play it any more. (The latest version added shields and changed many of the gun physics, etc) No more War Craft mod, etc.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm 11/20/2004. I think I got it because I game I was playing or wanted to play went up on it.

E; HL2 sounds right like Leisher said
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Looks like there's currently a massive Steam outage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Outage over.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

You ok?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:47 pmYou ok?
lol
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:47 pmYou ok?
No.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I like the TDay sale. No pressure to get cards, do stuff, etc. when they know peeps are busy.

Although, the awards voting is still stupid. If you don't own it and/or have hours in it, you shouldn't be able to vote on it.

Also, when Rust inevitably doesn't win "Labor of Love" again, it will continue to be the dumbest award in awards history. Caitlyn Jenner winning woman of the year is more credible than whatever wins.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My year in review:
45 games played
626 achievements unlocked
Top two games for playtime are Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning and Ghostwire:Tokyo. (I don't count the Idle game I play, which dominated my time because I can have it running non-stop.)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

2 new games played
Rocksmith 2014 - 6 sessions
Baldurs Gate 3 - 1 session

1 badge earned.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Pretty obvious which of us is the night owl. :D