ARK: Survival Evolved

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't know of any plan either because I can't get on the server. Every time I jump on to play it's full. Hopefully, I can get online tonight.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I actually got lucky the other night... server was full, but I kept trying over and over to get in, and the 4th iteration there was an open slot.

Again, developers need to add a join queue. It isn't that hard.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Was there a server wipe, or did I get kicked out of the guild already?
Troy

Post by Troy »

https://youtu.be/zqjQDP9KX6E?t=16

Edited By Troy on 1435109314
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

When you log out, what happens? So you just lie there? Can you starve to death?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Again, developers need to add a join queue. It isn't that hard.

Could not agree more.

Golf night tonight, so I'm out unless we don't go to the bars. Tried to get on last night, but kids...(I never should have shown Laila that I have Marvel Lego on my PC and she can play as the Hulk.) Tomorrow night is opening night for my oldest's new play, so I'm out then. Friday night is my wife's grandfather's 100th, so I'll try to be on, but late. Late Saturday is probably a go too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I saw Cake and Scooty in the game a week ago, and haven't since. This one dead?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No idea if it's dead or not. I hope not.

Every time I sit down to play the server is full and I'm too annoyed to sit there and fight it.

Also have two more SC trips this month, so I'm trying not to get too vested into anything.

Edited By Leisher on 1435733811
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Eight attempts to join has been my max so far until I get in, probably 4 or 5 times I have seen the server full. And it is full 80% of the time I have tried to join, so you know how often I play.

But honestly, as a solo game it is just picking through bushes and bashing trees and rocks and occasionally killing a random dinosaur with a spear that has a 30% chance to break with every swing, so it isn't exactly much fun yet.

I'm level 10 but I may put this aside unless something happens with the group.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

In their defense, you did curse the game by showing up.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Also have two more SC trips this month...

Your sugar daddy took vacation to make time for you?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:
Also have two more SC trips this month...
Your sugar daddy took vacation to make time for you?
I need your paypal ID.

And your paypal password.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

uname:aco1971@gmail.com
pword:b1t3thTh0uM1n34rs3

I also have a slightly used bridge to sell you.

Edited By Malcolm on 1435784252
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm wrote:uname:aco1971@gmail.com

25 sent. Thanks for floating a brother.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:
Malcolm wrote:uname:aco1971@gmail.com

25 sent. Thanks for floating a brother.
Np and that's racist.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Hunger Games mode

Saw the devs streaming this about a week ago and it looked pretty fun, its now released for everyone to download.

I'm not really sure how the whole Steam Workshop thing works. Is this a mod? do you just subscribe and download this thing?

Anyways, still don't own the game, but it is on sale so I might be picking it up. Was weary about getting it due to the optimization concerns but I'm reading its getting better.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That mod looks interesting, and yes, you just subscribe to it.

That being said, I spoke with Cake and told him I was sorry I hadn't been on in a month and he said he hadn't either. Ditto for Scooty. I was honestly thisclose to uninstalling it because it seems like every other day it's downloading another 500MB patch. Combine that with not being able to get into servers, and nobody else playing, and...

The problem with Ark is that it's Rust. Some things are better, some worse, but end of the day, it's the same game. More so with Rust's new (and imho shitty) smaller map.

The small maps and restricted player bases meant we were just getting raided nightly, going to raid them when they weren't on, and repeat the cycle daily. That isn't fun.

Again, glorified death matches.

It's sad that there's fun all around it, it's just that games where you build things, evolve, and slowly advance aren't fun when you have to start from scratch every time you log off.

The Hunger Games mod is interesting, but I'm not sure I'm down with the concept of evolving in an arena battle.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

The small maps and restricted player bases meant we were just getting raided nightly, going to raid them when they weren't on, and repeat the cycle daily. That isn't fun.

Are you talking about Ark, Rust or both here?

I'd be willing to give Rust a go again sometime, just let me know when peeps are gonna be on. I don't remember the first thing about playing it.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Both.

Old Rust wasn't as constricted as Ark seems to be, or at least I could go for a day or two without being raided. There was actually clever ways to hide your home, which is something ARK needs badly.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Was Ark stolen?

This game is still in the top 10 most played games on Steam, and I can't figure out why. I never see or hear anyone talking about it and it gets slammed for its broken XP system...